The HSBC Cryptography team looks after the encryption technology and key material which protects, validates and assures critical functions a...
The HSBC Cryptography team looks after the encryption technology and key material which protects, validates and assures critical functions and billions of pounds worth of transactions across the organization.
Dynamic and varying demands on the cryptography team mean an interface to IT and the broader business is necessary. This role is the delivery part of the function. Managing the hardware, software and services from inception to deployment to redundancy to ensure the best outcomes possible for the business and its use of encryption technology.
Impact on the Business
The delivery team directly impact the business by implementing the cryptographic solutions required to a standard in line with the business' risk appetite. This role involves managing the cryptographic hardware and related software used in cryptography and its configuration, crypto-load and installation into data centres and/or external hosting environment.
Develop applicable knowledge objects, procedures and secondary standards to support agreed upon SLA or project deliverables.
Maintain and enhance the delivery of cryptographic technology, process and relevant controls.
Customers / Stakeholders
* Report progress and identify and raise any issues/risks, escalating as appropriate to enable satisfactory resolution.
* Build trusting relationships with stakeholders by consistently meeting and delivering upon their business needs; demonstrating and being respected for your domain knowledge.
* Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Those stakeholders include:
Supplier management analysts
Project managers from IT or the business
Crypto service and delivery leadership
Leadership & Teamwork
Support peers who deliver and maintain the bank's encryption technology and the projects consuming the services by understanding their needs and delivering to them.
Ensuring that work happens according to schedule and with minimal deviation from process.
Ensuring that best practices are implemented and help the organisation meet its own and external standards.
Develop and contribute in crypto knowledge objects, procedures, and standard review.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Act transparently in line with all appropriate standards.
Ensure that the appropriate internal and external standards are complied with and that the risk of cryptographic compromise is minimized at all times.
Liaise with the cryptography team's internal control function.
Design, implement and maintain internal controls regarding crypto infrastructure and key management.
Plan and execute on project to improve the operational effectiveness
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the 'Three Lines of Defence'. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the
Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards.
The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
* Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
* Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
* Technical: Crypto Technologies (HSM, software Crypto and Standards), data at rest encryption, data in motion encryption, Unix/Linus platform and script, Basic programming experience in Java or Python, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), network, database, mainframe, midrange
* Project Management: PMP
* Platform management: ITIL
* CyberSecurity: CISSP, CISM, CISA
* Cloud and Advanced Crypto Technologies: Cloud Key Management technology, Container, secret management solution, homomorphic encryption, Blockchain, etc.
* Payment Card Industrial: PCI DSS, PCI QSA, ATM, POS,