We are recruiting for an Emerging Technology Leader who will be instrumental in driving the adoption of emerging technologies such as blockc...
We are recruiting for an Emerging Technology Leader who will be instrumental in driving the adoption of emerging technologies such as blockchain solutions across McKesson and our partners in the healthcare environment.
This role requires strong business acumen and an ability to translate emerging technical capabilities into focused pilot initiatives with our business leaders. In addition to exploring and driving emerging technology use cases within the business, this role also requires a high degree of interaction with customers, competitors, suppliers, and industry consortiums to develop industry-wide solutions.
This leader must possess strong executive communication and influence skills, balanced with an ability to quickly understand new technologies and assess various technical implementation risks and challenges.
Locations ? This role can be located in Scottsdale, AZ, Alpharetta, GA or Las Colinas, TX
- Establishes relationships with key business stakeholders, as well as existing and potential vendors and healthcare industry partners.
- Communicates status updates and emerging trends to leadership, and to the broader McKesson community through speaking engagements and the appropriate platforms.
- Identifies potential use cases for blockchain technology and for established blockchain networks and ecosystems.
- Participates on behalf of McKesson in working groups for blockchain related initiatives.
- Drives adoption by evangelizing emerging technology with key business stakeholders.
- Ensures that appropriate processes and standards are followed, and that technology offerings are compliant with applicable laws and security requirements.
- Evaluates new technology offerings and reviews proposals from both emerging and established solution providers.
- Leads new technology initiatives to fruition.
- Represents McKesson in working groups, industry body meetings and at conferences.
- Manages vendor relationships with both new and existing vendors.
- 10 years of relevant experience
Additional knowledge & Skills:
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key business stakeholders and leadership.
- Collaborates with delivery teams where legacy applications and processes are impacted.
- Collaborates with the security and infrastructure teams to deploy blockchain solutions.
- Works with sourcing and legal on vendor pricing and agreements.
- Communicates blockchain related activity to leadership and the broader McKesson community.
- Collaborates with corporate strategy on opportunities related to emerging technology.
- Fosters relationships with industry partners, including vendors, customers and competitors.
- Expert-level knowledge of Pharmaceutical industry, Federal and State pharmaceutical regulations including DSCSA, Supply Chain principles and Business Intelligence.
- Expert experience in understanding and documenting customer requirements and specifications
- Experience with multiple project lifecycle implementations and demonstrated knowledge of best practices for custom developed software implementations at large global, multi-national companies.
- Strong executive communication, influence and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with a wide variety of technologies
- Project and/or product management experience
- Enterprise architecture experience a bonus
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!