Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As an Emerging Technologies Subject Matter Expert, the ideal can...
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As an Emerging Technologies Subject Matter Expert, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to provide strategic insight and leadership to multiple key clients and undertake consulting on CGI's transformational strategy as part of a world class high end consulting team. ET SME will deliver consulting engagements and help shape opportunities to win new outsourcing, IP or systems integration engagements. This is a huge opportunity to play a lead role in shaping CGI's high end consulting practice.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide digital transformation, digitisation and strategic planning subject matter expertise
• Lead consulting transformation teams across business and IT to achieve desired business outcomes and deliver innovation that produces faster business process execution and improved user experience
• Build senior level relationships and represent the breadth of CGI's digital transformation and Cloud capability
• Be an enthusiastic and motivated pioneer, influencer and team builder
• Build strong internal and external awareness and knowledge of CGI's capability in the areas of Cloud, Microsoft, Digital Transformation and Agile development methodologies
• Translate market-leading insight into international frameworks, solutions and services and evaluate and advise on suitability.
• Act as the main point of contact for projects requiring architectural design and approval, working with the appropriate technical experts
• Participate in the pre-sales activities including to augment and support the business in all aspects of Solutions Architecture
• Evaluate business goals, provide assessments, set technical directions, conceive technical architectures, design / develop proposals and provide consulting to our clients
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 20+ years of relevant experience,
• Relationships across Silicon Valley, product oriented firms
• Academic pedigree good - particularly publications around data science, cloud, cybersecurity, blockchain, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS
• Delivery experience across all major Cloud Service Providers
• Proven track record of executive engagement as a leader, peer influencer and subject matter expert in a number of key transformation domains (operating model transformation, organizational transformation, technology roadmap, digitisation, channels)
• 8+ years experience working with multi-site delivery of application and infrastructure services (e.g., Cloud)
• 10+ years experience working with an IT/business consulting organisation (Financial Services experience highly valued)
• Advisory approach and the ability to bring strong business judgement
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills
• Demonstrated success working with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff
• Ability to demonstrate strong examples of ownership, delivery focus and responsibility
• Experience in driving technical teams through solution design
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and customer facing professionalism.
List items desired for the Candidate, but not required.
• Masters (business or scientific) - may substitute software development experience for just Bachelors
• Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Oracle Cloud Services. Relevant certification desirable.
• Oracle EBS
• NIH/NBS knowledge
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.