Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equival...
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required. Responsibilities for this Position
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 for New Hires Only
- Referral bonuses up to $10,000 for critical hires are available to employees
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has immediate openings for Embedded Software Engineers (Junior to Lead level) in Hanover, MD.
You will have the opportunity to develop low-level software, identify vulnerabilities and adapt features into a larger embedded platform using cutting-edge technologies. Get the opportunity to understand, manage and own new development features from the research design phase to test and integration for a real-time operating system.
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Contributing to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations, the Embedded Developers will analyze, decompose, disassemble code, perform static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debug and modify software. You'll be involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world.
The Embedded Software Engineers shall have technical expertise in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Systems Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System Testing
The Embedded Software Engineers shall have work experience in three (3) or more of the following:
- Developing embedded software systems in assembly, C and/or C++
- Protocol analysis such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Developing embedded software systems in one or more of the following operating system environments: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with operating system internals with one or more of the following operating systems: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Experience with Ida Pro or Ghidra
- Low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux or Windows environment
- Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Bit-level data analysis
- Hands-on experience with integrating hardware and software systems
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages
- Proof of concept tools
- Systems engineering of large scaled embedded systems
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Fully proficient knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Fully proficient knowledge and exposure to computer processor architectures and instructions sets
- Fully proficient experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash and in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
What sets you apart:
- Ability to handle more complex assignments and grasp and apply new information quickly
- Shows fully proficient initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
#CB Company Overview
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran