WHO WE ARE
RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you wa...
WHO WE ARE
RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you want to join a globally progressive and inclusive company devoted to excellence, we are looking for you!
We are the leading global provider of software and data analytics to the real estate industry. We navigate clients toward the right decisions with data and technology insights they can only get from RealPage. Serving our clients is our highest priority and RealPage teammates are our greatest asset.
Come join a team where your work makes an impact every day!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Security, energy management, asset protection, and automation efficiencies...these are a few of our favorite things.
STRATIS IoT is actively seeking experienced and passionate embedded developers to join its engineering teams who are creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse family is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they've learned through various walks of life to improve our products.
Located in the former East Falls community theatre in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, STRATIS is widely considered one of the best-kept secrets in emerging technology. Since 2014, we have been the leader in smart apartments for multifamily.
We were named one of Entrepreneur Magazine's 'Best Companies in America' two years in a row, #740 on Inc. Magazine's list of 5000 'fastest-growing companies' in 2019, and our CEO, Felicite Moorman, was Ernst & Young's 2017 local and regional Entrepreneur of the Year.
As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily building management, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban and residential sectors. To date, STRATIS has been installed in over 30,000 units in Japan and Europe, and in over 350,000 units across 46 states in the U.S.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you should have at least three-years of experience in the field, addressing real-world challenges. You will utilize your experience to contribute to the development of new features and integration of new capabilities in our ever-growing IoT platform.
- Love what you do & be an integral part of our family that is forging a new path in IoT technology;
- Develop cross-platform software products for use on hardware and network devices;
- Own medium-to-large-sized features from technical design through completion;
- Implement seamless user experiences to control connected-hardware such as locks, access control, thermostats, lights, & leak detection;
- Provide on-call support as required by the team;
- Write clean, correct code incorporating feedback from code reviews; consistently follow best practices;
- Make steady progress on tasks; know when to ask for help in order to get 'unblocked';
- Provide helpful and clear feedback to peers in code reviews;
- Fully understand tools used by the team and be able to assist others if needed;
- Able to interpret and follow requirements and be comfortable raising questions or issues with proposed solutions or a clear path to gaining a solution;
- Own end-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity;
- Contribute to the technical design of features with teammates and architects;
- Deliver tested, complex products into the QA process that appear to be well-baked and bug-free;
- Take the initiative to fix small problems before being asked, without compromising progress on assigned tasks;
- Foster a 'shipping' culture by collaborating with team members, understanding deadlines and expectations, and identifying roadblocks early;
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatch them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary, all while requiring minimal direction/oversight;
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure, and build system;
- Understand and utilize our production deployment systems;
- Actively participate in design review meetings for areas outside core expertise; lead design review meetings in area(s) of mastery;
- Build both deep and broad knowledge about our system;
- Make well-reasoned design decisions, recognizing tradeoffs and considering priorities;
- Seek mentoring opportunities with more junior colleagues;
- Understand the product vision - including the business area, customer personas, and priorities - supported by his or her team;
- Empathize with users and use that empathy to guide decision-making;
- Identify potential problems/risks in your own work and the work of others. Propose solutions to problems identified;
- Prioritize tasks well and synchronize with the team, project management, and product owner.
- 3+ years of software development experience with demonstrated feature contributions;
- Microcontroller experience and/or embedded Linux experience;
- Proficient with C;
- Able to own medium-to-large-sized features from technical design through completion;
- Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies;
- Ability to fulfill all the above job requirements;
- Excited to impact real people every day through your work
- Bonus: experience with ZWave, Zigbee, LoRa, BLE, or WiFi wireless protocols.
#LI-JL1 WHAT WE OFFER
At RealPage, we're always looking for talented professionals who thrive in a learning work environment that continually supports individual greatness. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity. It is the things you do that bring out the best of you and RealPage.
RealPage considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all teammates feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.