This role is responsible for defining and supporting new and existing IBM Z systems, including coordinating the technical re...
Job Description Relevant technical/business skills required:
This role is responsible for defining and supporting new and existing IBM Z systems, including coordinating the technical resolution of Customer and IBM infrastructure problems through knowledge in platform design and development. They assist teams with different skills and from different service providers to resolve problems and return systems to operational status, including performing 3rd level support related to all customers' infrastructure issues, correcting design defects, and developing solutions to stabilize customer environments. They need to know and apply NWS process and use their knowledge of all techniques (e.g., Systems Management, Client Operational Software, customer-specific and business applications, client hardware configuration and printing environments). They also need basic knowledge of local area network components to support problem resolutions and make system management software like SW Distribution or Remote Control SW for use in customer environment. In addition, they facilitate communications between the technical team, customer and internal organization to fulfill customer needs and accomplish customer satisfaction.
* Gathering information from and collaborating with customer and technical teams to identify functional (e.g., the technical requirements for making the desired solution work) and non-functional requirements (e.g., change management processes to help ensure a smooth transition).
* Identifying technical solutions for moving from "source to target;" conducting infrastructure verification to ensure components are working as designed prior to launch; monitoring status to identify potential problems; and implementing upgrades or patches.
* Diagnosing and resolving escalated Level 3 problems, including performing analysis and developing and implementing customized solutions.
* Updating technical teams on project status.
The candidate must possess demonstrated capabilities in multiple disciplines to be considered for this position. These disciplines include open source development, zOS, and low level performance exploitation on system Z. Leadership and client engagement are an asset.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* at least 3-year experience as a System Administrator
* working knowledge of Linux on Z and zOS
* working knowledge of IBM Z computer architecture
* experience in Cloud and Open Source community development processes and tools
* proven problem solving skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience Personal Skills and Abilities Required:
* Experience in developing technical solutions for clients and collaborating across business units
* Demonstrated effective communication skills
* Demonstrated teamwork including assigning and tracking work to more junior employees
* Aptitude to learn and apply knowledge quickly
* English: Fluent
Nice to have skills:
* Performance tuning open source databases
* Understanding of Blockchain technology and deployment
* Systems Z software and hardware background/experience including developing and debugging ASM on this platform
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education:Master's Degree