You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, bu...
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is seeking a Solution Architect with Duck Creek experience to join the Solution Architecture team supporting our Personal Lines business segment. If you're a passionate technical leader with a desire to never stop learning and looking to stay on top of the latest trends in emerging technologies such as APIs, Microservices, Cloud technologies, IoT, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and more, this position is for you.
This is a technical position that requires 8+ years' experience in IT combined with strong application design & development skills and excellent communication skills. Demonstrated experience designing solutions on the Duck Creek platform is required. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing innovative end-to-end software architectures that enable Personal Lines strategic objectives. Designs produced must meet both business and non-functional requirements while aligning to standard reference architectures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary accountability for the position involves establishing and driving clear, effective, and innovative solution designs aligning to The Hartford's reference architectures, blueprints, and business and IT strategies across The Hartford's Personal Lines Technology and Enterprise landscape.
- Responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures within the Duck Creek platform that enable strategic initiatives & technology objectives that consider strategic alignment, scale, reliability, security, complexity, and cost.
- Ensuring solutions maximize the use of out of the box Duck Creek capabilities and configuration while limiting customization to the platform.
- Participation with agile teams to ensure architecture standards are being maintained.
- 5+ years of experience & Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred.
- The applicant must have hands-on experience and technical skills in designing and implementing robust enterprise level solutions with a broad understanding of traditional and modern software technology frameworks, platforms, vendor software solutions, development tools, and processes.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions within the Duck Creek platform, aligning to standards and best practices, including but not limited to Policy, Rating, and Billing.
- Experience designing and implementing Microservices or API-based integrations with clear understanding of JSON, REST and HTTP standards. Experience integrating both modern and legacy systems is a plus.
- Clear understanding of cloud, hybrid cloud, and container deployment architectures including building cloud-ready applications and container orchestration systems (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Experience with creating and/or implementing designs and integration patterns connecting varied technology systems and vendor platforms.
- Experience working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets.
- Experience with DevOps practices including but not limited to continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) concepts and tools; familiarity with automated testing and code analysis tools.
- Experience with developing reusable assets such as prototypes, solution designs, documentation and other materials that contribute to department and organization effectiveness and efficiency.
- The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills with ability to effectively communicate solution recommendations and influence key stakeholders.
- Be a self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills; Have the ability to handle multiple high priority demands; and have the ability to be detail oriented, yet still be able to have clarity on the overall picture.
- Proficiency in designing and developing complex IT systems and assessing and evaluating alternative solutions.
- A strong desire to stay on top of technology trends in the Insurance Industry and Emerging Technology space.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Remote candidates are welcome
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Architect - IA07BE