Healthcare technology is evolving at an amazing rate and Humana is the place you want to work if you are interested in improvin...
Healthcare technology is evolving at an amazing rate and Humana is the place you want to work if you are interested in improving healthcare experiences, reducing cost and solving complex problems.
Join our highly talented team and engineer software products that blend emerging and mature modern technologies to deliver tremendous value. This team will adhere to agile processes and work as a cross functional team that includes developers, designers, a product owner and architects. The Disruptive Technology Co-Op work assignments include the analysis of emerging technologies and implementation of these new technologies builds valuable experience in architectural decision making, discipline and the advanced critical thinking.
The Disruptive Technology intern will be responsible for:
* Working on a scrum team to develop a Blockchain - based web-application
* Developing backend components using Java
* Support staff to craft technical analyses and business cases supporting further development beyond high impact pilots
* Assist in reporting on outcomes and impact at scale across the portfolio projects
* Influence the teams understanding of how to integrate measurement and evaluation into a design-led innovation approach by developing toolkits and case studies.
By the completion of the internship, the student can expect to have:
* Experience working in a professional, Agile environment
* Gained skills in professional development using listed programming languages
* Analyzed and presented emerging technology research for internal leadership
* Contributed in completing tasks vital to the team's goals
* Pursuing a degree in a BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
* Interest in engineering solutions that incorporate emerging and disruptive technologies
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
* Must not require sponsorship to work in the U.S. now or in the future
* Have a strong academic history, with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA being desired
* Experience with Azure Cloud
* Familiarity with GIT, Object Oriented Development and Relational Databases
* Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
* Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
* Familiarity with micro-services architecture
* Participation/Experience with Open Source efforts
* Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community
* Possess an interest in working in the healthcare industry
* A good communicator who can express their ideas, consider others' and make informed decisions (experience with/affinity for pairing is a plus)
Of special note, this position has the ability to be Full Time currently and transition to Part Time for the Spring semester, or vice versa.
Scheduled Weekly Hours