Description The Disruptive Technology Lead Solutions Architect works with user groups to solve business problems with emerging and availabl...
The Disruptive Technology Lead Solutions Architect works with user groups to solve business problems with emerging and available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals. The Disruptive Technology Lead Solutions Architect, learns about emerging technologies and disruptive trends to put forward how those components could be architected to address problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Healthcare technology is evolving at an amazing rate and Humana is the place you want to work if you are interested in improving healthcare experiences, reducing cost and solving complex problems.
Join our highly talented team and help us utilize disruptive technologies to change healthcare. Our goal is not to experiment for the sake of experiment but instead to embrace a learning culture that seeks to determine what emerging technologies make sense for Humana and find ways to bring those technologies to life within Humana and potentially across the broader industry.
This leader is responsible for the technical approach, and the development of piloting, simulation and market - testing capabilities that would enable the evaluation of emerging technologies for future Humana solutions. Disruptive technologies could include healthcare industry breakthroughs such as artificial intelligence, cognitive computing, blockchain, virtual reality, etc. The scope of this role will include bringing in ideas from the outside, specifically identifying technologies that will increase the power and utility of existing technology platforms available to Humana.
First and foremost, the deliverables of this new position should directly benefit Humana by advancing the health and well-being of our members. These healthcare solutions can encompass a range of technologies including a focus on internet of things, digital healthcare, virtual care, telehealth, remote patient monitoring, and patient engagement.
* Evolve and exercise innovation framework that enables Tech-Driven approach to promote technology advancements and business ideas through Proof-of-Concept stage.
* Provide technical input on the innovation roadmap, fueled by internal concepts and / or external, third party technology partners, that could significantly increase the power and utility of Humana's platform solutions.
* Maintain an internal knowledgebase of novel technologies through the identification of relevant emerging technology trends and white space opportunities.
* Responsible for identifying, defining and then developing new technologies that will help Humana meet and, ideally, exceed revenue and market share goals within a unique, intrepreneurial environment through the partnership with Humana lines of business.
* Develop, aggregate and share technology research that informs senior leadership on key emerging trends to inform strategy and future investments.
* Plan and deliver disruptive technology learning sessions to educate senior leadership on disruptive technologies.
* Explore, evaluate and recommend new open innovation efforts for Humana, e.g., developer incubation, an emerging - technology seedling fund, intrapreneurship training, hackathons, industry x - prizes, etc.
* Develop and share "point of view" artifacts on emerging technologies that inform decisions on where and how to focus future efforts.
* Create value to Humana by introducing vendors delivering innovative and disruptive capabilities to business & tech stakeholders.
* Educate senior leaders on emerging and disruptive technology landscape to inform future strategic choices.
* Understand and shape the business case for new technology solutions based upon thorough understanding of customer needs, market dynamics and trends, market intelligence and the capabilities and potential of the two strategic partner's people, channel, data and technology assets.
* Interact with Humana SMEs and relevant Humana business unit personnel to understand current product offerings, roadmaps and product visions while welcoming further ideation and feedback.
* Transition market tested new technology solutions and prototypes to Humana product management for in - market testing and later commercialization, as appropriate.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
* 8 years of progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture/engineering, information security, or other specialized technology field
* Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
* Strong technical aptitude and track record of embracing and implementing emerging technologies
* Proven ability to clearly communicate complex technologies to a non-technical audience
* Strong storytelling and presentation skills to communicate use cases, market opportunities, implications and risk
* Experience of working with innovation focused firms or startup ventures
* Experience with Healthcare or Financial Industries and technical solutions
* Participation/Experience with Open Source efforts
* MBA/MEng in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Will report to the Director, Emerging Technology, IT TA - Disruptive Technology
Scheduled Weekly Hours