What's the role?
Are you interested in traveling to work hands on with developers around the US? Around the world? If you are passionate ab...
What's the role?
Are you interested in traveling to work hands on with developers around the US? Around the world? If you are passionate about developers, communities and platform technologies - we'd like to hear from you.
The HERE Developer Relations team is looking for a Rockstar Platform evangelist that's self-directed and deeply technical, a community leader to run hackathons and workshops for the HERE Open Location Platform. This role will be fun for those who like building communities, evangelizing technologies and are both marketeers and technologists.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience building 'things' who tinkers with APIs in their spare time and understand how location can be leveraged in a variety of verticals from the Internet of Things to blockchain to powering the sharing economy. This role will be critical in building connections into key developer communities across the world, facilitating developer group events, and scaling our platform reach efforts. Having passion and talent for creating innovative technical solutions and helping other developers learn and leverage location within their apps/services/products is a MUST.
- Technical Enablement: Jointly develop technical enablement plan for partner developer ecosystems (AWS, SAP, Microsoft, etc)
- Enablement Execution : Help developer customers experiment with the HERE Open Location Platform by leading and or contributing to the delivery of workshops, Bootcamps, trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partner & developer communities
- Technical Engagement: Lead Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to define, bring new solutions to market and support the depth engagement strategy within the HERE Developer Relation Org.
- Technical Acumen : Understands technology trends and opportunities, by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by Industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Ovum, CounterPoint, etc. Also develop technical content, such as white papers and code template, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying and leveraging location within their apps/products/solutions
- The Participation Economy : Joins the Participation economy attending Technology conferences like Dev Week, DroidCon, and partner developer events like Microsoft Build, AWS re:Invent, SAP TechEd, etc. Participates on technical panels and meetups and contributes with insights and work that is shared in communities like Stackoverflow.
- Technical Network : Invests in own LinkedIn Profile to promote value, experiences and expertise. Responsible for building an expansive Network of partner technical contacts and internal contacts including Engineering, and peer Architects
- Evangelist : Collaborates and works with the broader evangelism organization including technical evangelists and partner integration teams
- Internal Evangelism : Work on building out a strategy to raise product IQ internally within the company
- Travel around the world : With extra emphasis on global travel to reach and work with developers and developer communities wherever they are.
Who are you?
You are someone who believes in becoming a trusted advisor to our customers and who will work directly with developers and internal teams like Marketing & Communications, AR/PR, Events, Solutions & Services teams all while having a passion for the Developer Community.
- Eight or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex applications or services
- Understanding of RESTful architectures and data design patterns
- An understanding of the cloud computing model as it relates to geospatial platforms and services
- A technical undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years product development experience ideally with both mobile and cloud platforms
- Passion for working with and empowering developers to be successful - a strong stackoverflow ranking, a successful, well engaged blog, etc is desired
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?" You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE .
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.