Come work with us!
Would you like to utilize your passion for creating business value through technology and experience a role that puts yo...
Come work with us!
Would you like to utilize your passion for creating business value through technology and experience a role that puts you in the driver s seat for researching, analyzing and managing a technology and innovation portfolio for a rapidly growing organization? My client is seeking a Director of Technology and Innovation to lead the technology vision, strategy and execution, with a focus on innovation and collaboration.
My client is an award-winning, leading provider of innovative operations, management, and technology solutions in a variety of public and private sector industries and markets. A United States Army Veteran and a successful leader with more than thirty years of demonstrated success who has been delivering complex services and solutions to government agencies since 2008. My client has twice been named on the Washington Technology list of the 50 fastest growing companies, received the SmartCEO Future 50 award twice for exponential revenue and growth, and has been recognized by Inc. Magazine's 500/500 List as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
We're looking for someone to constantly challenge the status quo and serve as a Subject Matter Expert in emerging technologies. Using both current and emerging tech, this individual will implement solutions that drive value to increase revenue, profits, cost savings, and efficiencies. We need a thinker and a doer. Instrumental in this role, you will work in close collaboration with the Sales and Marketing team. We are familiar with many of the emerging technologies including AI, ML, RPA, Blockchain, AR, VR, and more. What we're looking for is someone who can innovate in this space, or one we haven't thought of yet, and to also implement those ideas. This role will also be working with various other capabilities and cross functional teams to understand technology needs, lead research efforts, liaise with third party vendors to manage technology projects and be an active driver of program related data reporting and analysis.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishes and leads program team technology and innovation vision and strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Develop and oversee execution of technical roadmaps & flowcharts in support of the vision
- Research trends and issues in the education & technology industry, including innovative technologies. Work with senior management to advise of impacts, risks & recommendations
- Ensure alignment and prioritization of program related technology and innovation projects, including developing business case justification and cost/benefit analysis for spending and initiatives
- Accountable for the successful implementation of program related technology and innovation projects leveraging project management skills to ensure execution excellence (quality/performance, cost, timelines, etc.)
- Lead the IT functional aspects of program related activities (both internal to SAMS and external with clients)
- Provide guidance on technical matters and promoting teamwork and collaboration
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge seeking/sharing network both internally and externally
- Establish trusted relationships, negotiate, contract with and on-board consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiples levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on superior customer service
- Unending thirst for knowledge; ability to understand current and future trends
- Ability to develop and foster knowledge networks and build relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong sense of ownership and sense of urgency to drive initiatives to completion
- A can-do attitude, and willingness to pitch in wherever necessary to deliver superior customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team oriented with excellent collaboration skills
- Service-oriented self-starter who takes initiative
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance
Qualifications and Skills:
- Program management experience managing multiple projects concurrently with budgets in the millions of dollars and responsible for managing 50+ people at a time
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Travel up to 25-50%, as needs dictate
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or business field
- Ability to partner with cross functional stakeholders, leaders, and teams
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Previous analyst experience in technology related role
- Proven critical/economic thinking skills
- Experience in using data analysis to drive business outcomes
- High degree of intellectual curiosity demonstrated by creative ideas/research
- Experience working independently in a dynamic & energetic environment
- Professional disposition with the ability to build strong and lasting relationships
- Big 4, or related consulting background, consulting experience
- provided by Dice