Director of Software Development & DevOps
Requisite Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 10 years' experience developing web and mobile applications.
· Minimum of 5 years directing a software development team.
· Experience recruiting and managing offshore development teams (20+ team members)
· Experience developing high-availability, high-volume, consumer-facing transaction sites for global clients.
· Experience utilizing Agile development cycle and Scrum methodologies.
· Experience utilizing DevOps for code management and deployment (AWS Code Pipeline / Jenkins / etc.)
· Experience performing code reviews and mentoring developers in proper coding practices.
· Understanding and experience with software security best practices (OWASP, etc.).
· Ability to distill complex business needs into functional and technical requirements.
· Ability to manage multiple development teams (geographically) and set proper priorities.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain schedules with tight timeframes.
· Ability to accept critique and re-work a project until the right solution is found.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with the Travel Industry is a major plus.
· Experience with GDS and Travel Supplier APIs is a major plus.
· Experience with Blockchain is a plus.
· Experience with AI or Machine Learning is a plus.
· Experience building online expense reporting or accounting tools is a plus.
Strategic and Development Responsibilities
· Lead the strategy and development of our proprietary software products.
· Communicate effectively with executive, marketing, and sales teams in the creation of strategic software direction, user acceptance, deployment and internal software usage and adoption.
· Recruit and maintain a qualified, trained staff in the US, India, and Bolivia.
· Develop individuals for career advancement.
· Ensure Team members operate within company standards in the areas of productivity, quality, security, and operating procedures.
· Determine standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel assigned.
· Recommend salary adjustments, transfers, promotions, and dismissals.
· Conduct annual performance and salary evaluations and monitor your team leaders are doing the same with their staff.
Strategic and Development Responsibilities (continued)
· Communicate areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned through written Position Descriptions.
· Travel as required by the demands of the position.
· Manage software developers through local leaders and be responsible for their deliverables in USA, Mumbai, and Bolivia.
· Participate in the following: internal requirements reviews and grooming sessions, and architecture design (use cases, etc.), resource allocation, project timeline, source code protection, security, and vulnerability, functional and transition to user acceptance testing, and outsourcing when needed.
· Communicate with key clients and internal stakeholders on project technology requirements and status.
· Provide accurate and timely Agile based story points, velocity estimates, and ability to execute against collectively created roadmaps and epic plans.
Technologies / Concepts
· Knowledge of languages: C#, ReactJS, NodeJS, AngularJS
· Knowledge of AWS Lambdas, GraphDB, Microservices
· Knowledge of AWS Code Pipeline, Jenkins, etc.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Tools / Technologies: MS SQL, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
· Country Software Development Managers
· Lead Software Engineers
· Database Administrators
· Agile Director
· DevOps Team
Position Description Subject to Change