Located in heart NYC we are a rapidly growing cryptocurrency exchange company. Our mission is to connect the real world to the exciting new ...
Located in heart NYC we are a rapidly growing cryptocurrency exchange company. Our mission is to connect the real world to the exciting new world of crypto through tokenization and to make a variety of tokens widely exchangeable to the general public. To make this happen, we are building a circle of issuance exchange and retail for the exciting new world of crypto. We are growing very fast and looking for a Director of Finance with a background with a crypto exchange or online equity broker firms.
We are seeking a Director of Finance in New York, New York. to lead the Company's financial planning & analysis, financial reporting and investor relations functions. This role will report directly to the CEO.
The Director of Finance will manage and own all finance functions. This is a newly created position to support the growth of the business and the team, and as such you will be empowered to deliver impactful business analysis and play a key part in the driving insightful business decisions and strategy. The position will also include managing regulatory reporting requirements. In addition to FP&A, reporting and investor relations, the Director of Finance will be responsible for proactively driving business and operational improvements across the organization.
The successful candidate is expected to make significant contributions to the success of our team by enabling team leaders to make better business decisions and by working closely with them to evaluate, plan, execute and measure strategic business initiatives. Given the strategic and operational nature of the role, the director will work closely with the CEO. We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but also become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here in a very positive way.
- Lead the efforts for the preparation, review, and approval of the organization's annual operating, cash, and capital budgets, including monitoring budget vs. actual operating performance.
- Manage FP&A providing guidance to create a comprehensive monthly financial reporting package, and weekly key performance reports, designed to support management decision making.
- Partner with executive and management teams to define and prepare annual operating plans, deliverables and measurable objectives that support the short and long-term strategic plan for the organization.
- Manage regulatory reporting processes including daily cash reconciliation process and monthly FINRA Focus Report filing.
- Assist in annual tax preparation and financial audit processes.
- Drive innovation and automation of various processes and functions within Finance to ensure maximum efficiency and areas for development and improvement.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process.
- Build and iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of our operations that will enable effective decision making regarding the company's revenue growth strategy, cost structure, and hiring plan.
- Develop dashboards to track business performance, identify trends and act as a strategic partner to functional leaders.
- Provide support for financial projects, analysis and financial presentations and due diligence for leadership, the Board of Directors and investors.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 8+ years at a prominent, global technology or financial services company, or a top-tier investment bank.
- Demonstrated success in managing the financial functions (financial reporting, planning and forecasting) required to support the growth of a fast-moving business.
- Ability to work independently, deal with ambiguity, and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment focused on growth.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present to senior management and other critical stakeholders.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial statements and accounting standards and financial analytics.
- Ability to analyze and interpret operating results and complicated data and prepare concise reports for senior management.
Nice to have but not required:
- 1+ years experience at Cryptocurrency exchange or Blockchain related business.
- Series 27 securities license
- Certification (CPA)
So, if you are a Senior Manager or Director of Finance with 8+ years experience, please apply today!
- provided by Dice