Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startu...
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Director / Head of DevOps / Technical Operations - Hypergrowth Fintech / Crypto Startup
Location: Remote, as long as you are ok with working typical work hours in the Pacific Time Zone, including morning huddles at 9 am PT.
The company's product is a consumer mobile payments platform utilizing blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
The company has about 50 employees and 15 engineers, and is on pace to double in size in the next 6 months.
The company is profitable, and revenues have increased 900% since January 2020.
The company has raised series B funding from leading investors in the fintech and cryptocurrency space.
The company will provide salary of up to $180k, plus equity which could be lucrative.
- You will be the 1st dedicated tech ops person, growing your team to 3-4 people in the first part of 2021. You'll hire 2-3 sr. devops engineers and a security engineer.
- 20-30% hands on.
- Primarily working with AWS.
- Owning the stability and performance of technical operations for all of the ocmpany's production services.
- Setting and achieving targets for performance and availability of services.
- Doing operational architecture and capacity planning.
- Owning all security and related work for the company.
- Managing the network and systems operations team.
- Making sure newly deployed services meet operational requirements.
- Optimizing operating models and improving upon existing processes.
- Collaborating closely with operational vendors and partners.
- Experience with financial products. In order of preference, at least one of: 1) crypto or DeFi, 2) financial institution or bank or payment processing, 3) ecommerce.
- At least 10 years (ideally more) of relevant experience in DevOps, Site Reliability, and/or Systems Administration.
- At least 4 years (ideally more) of management experience.
- Strong experience managing large scale deployments in AWS (best) or similar, in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience in Linux/Unix.
- Experience building incident management and response teams and policies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience building and scaling operations teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience with compliance reporting.
- Experience with cryptocurrency and/or blockchain.
- Startup experience.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Kubernetes
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here:
- provided by Dice