Who we are
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco's fastest growing teams, and the CX Product Portfolio Development (...
Who we are
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) organization is one of Cisco's fastest growing teams, and the CX Product Portfolio Development (PPD) group is transforming how Cisco thinks about delivering value to our customers & partners via our product portfolio. The Office of Programs & Transformation is charged with driving continuous alignment, change effectiveness, operational efficiency and continuous delivery for the Product Portfolio Development group. In this time of unprecedented change, we are looking for top talent to lead business critical capabilities that will redefine success for Cisco and our customers.
What You'll Do
This role is core to CX Portfolio Product Development's (CX PPD) vision and strategy of demonstrating best in class agility at the enterprise level. CX PPD Engineers are the heart and soul of scaling agility. In order to achieve these ambitious goals, we need the skills, ways of working, processes and infrastructure to accelerate value delivery and be future ready.
The Director, Engineering Excellence is a trusted advisor to our engineering and product development organization. You will set and execute a strategy that moves CX PPD towards a cloud-native, modern architecture across our portfolio. In doing so, you will enhance delivery predictability, quality, scalability and reliability, while streamlining our tools and codifying best practices.
You will be seen and recognized as a thought AND practice leader, who not only establishes and scales best practices, but also demonstrates craftsmanship as an engineer & architect.
Who You'll Work With
Residing in the Office of Programs & Transformation, this role will blur organizational boundaries and break down silos to drive business alignment and cohesion across our architectures. Every day and every interaction will be unique, but you will likely engage with a diverse representation of engineers, product owners, product managers, business units, IT and CX leadership.
Specifically, you will:
- Define the skills, technologies and processes required for future success. Partner with product development leaders to develop and execute the strategy that brings PPD from where they are, to where they need to be.
- Partner with technical leaders to shape the architecture across our cloud platforms.
- Partner with SaaS Ops to execute and help scale our automation strategy
- Create a communication plan and enablement strategy to influence and recruit engineering teams across CX to co-develop with us on aligned technology standards.
- Act as a shared service across engineering teams to provide technical guidance, enablement and expertise in the work.
- Participate in recruiting and onboarding of new engineering hires (both FTE and contractors).
- Demonstrate a servant-leader approach in providing shared services to our global portfolio development organization. You guide processes and provide white glove governance, when needed.
- Drive continuous improvement to enable a high performing culture and team.
- In partnership with Office of Programs & Transformation Leadership, define and operationalize the metrics for how we deliver value, with specific goals to decrease time to market, deliver consistent, high-quality experiences to our customers.
- 10+ years performing technical & engineering leadership roles in cloud-native organizations, preferably in product development organizations.
- Prior expertise in standing up or driving community co-development initiatives within your company or across companies
- Experience building large-scale, distributed, cloud-native technology stacks, so you can both recognize and recruit top-talent and drive alignment with engineering teams across CX.
- 5+ years driving technical and/ or architecture & data strategy at the enterprise level
- Experience establishing, or partnering with others, to stand up DevOps capabilities in product development organizations
- Familiarity and/ or expertise in some or all of the following languages: Golang, NodeJS, Camunda, Python
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence in highly matrixed organizations
- Proven expertise in lean methods and design thinking, with the consistent ability to stay on top of industry trends, emerging practices and technologies.
- Executive presence & credibility
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. .
#LI-CD1 - provided by Dice