United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Lock...
United States of America
01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
This position manages multiple teams responsible for determining and fulfilling IT needs related to business and technical applications. Directs determination, implementation, and deployment of IT applications solutions and standards and collaborates with leaders to ensure that future business needs are met.
* Develop application strategy roadmap for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), CAD, Analysis Tools & High Performance Computing
* Engagement with Engineering Strategy events supporting Global Engineering Centers and Business Unit technical roadmaps
* Support of Customer and Program-driven requirements for new products and platform initiatives
* Establish standardized operational performance metrics to ensure and quantify impacts of strategic projects and service delivery
* Collaborate across functions to identify and implement IT policy, operating standards and technology improvements that accelerate Engineering innovation and global collaboration
* Development of a service delivery model expanded across multiple vendors and technology partners
* Continuous engagement with Engineering leaders, across functions and business units to gain constant feedback on emerging priorities
* Plan, direct, manage and review the work plan for service delivery teams; meet with service delivery staff to identify and resolve problems
* Coordination of consolidated macro plan and strategic roadmap for Engineering applications
* Participate in the development and administration of the annual budget
* Gather performance feedback (MFA) regularly from organizations consuming services
* Demonstrated existing knowledge of IT capabilities and experience of providing IT support
* Familiarity with Engineering processes and tools
* Proven Project and Program Management expertise
* Successfully employing systematic problem-solving techniques for root cause analysis and improvement efforts
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
* Ability to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Led or participated in efforts supporting digital transformation in a large company
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to adapt style based on audience
* Experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM or equivalent product suite
* Matrix organization skills / ability to motivate across multiple stakeholder groups
* Familiarity with IT security best practices
* Customer focused, high energy, advocates and drives process improvement
* Organization change management skills
* Exposure to continuous improvement methodology, LEAN, ITIL Foundation or other quality certification
* Ability to work as part of a global IT organization
* Experience in highly regulated environments
* Experience with Agile methodology and DevOps transformations a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Engineering with 12+ years of experience required.
* (OR) Advanced degree with 10+ years of experience required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.