Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partner...
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com
Today, with more than 74,000 employees worldwide, Cisco remains committed to creating networks that are smarter, thanks to built-in intelligent network services; faster, in their ability to perform at ever-increasing speeds; and more durable, with a generational approach to an evolutionary infrastructure. At the end of Fiscal Year 2020 (July 2020), the company reported annual revenues of $49.3 billion.
Cisco was founded on a culture based on the principles of open communication, empowerment, trust, integrity, and giving back to the community. Cisco's vision is to change the way people work, live, play and learn. For more information, please visit: . The organization
Cisco's Strategic Execution Office was established to perform at an Enterprise level to effectively orchestrate the execution of Cisco's top 6 strategic priorities:
- Secure, Agile Networks
- Future of Work
- Optimized Application Experience
- Internet for the Future
- End-to-end Security
- Capabilities at the Edge
The Strategic Execution Office's mandate is to partner with the Executive Leadership Team, General Managers, and functional leaders to accelerate execution on the company's overall strategy. The goal for the End-to-end Security strategic pillar for the company is to enable greater speed, agility and scale to develop leading edge competitive products across critical security control points and appear as the one-stop vendor of choice. The position
The Director of End-to-end Security is responsible for driving the delivery of the Cloud Security Offer suite in close partnership with the Corporate Strategy team. As part of this effort, the Director will work with Cisco Security Product Management, Sales, Product Marketing, CX, Operations, and Engineering teams.
The leader in this role will be responsible for developing transformation strategies focused on enterprise security that can efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase the customers' cybersecurity investment, as well as detect, respond, and remediate threats.
This role will inform and partner with all of the functions across Cisco and report to the ELT at strategic checkpoints to drive success across the company. This is a highly visible, highly complex, and hyper-growth position with the rare opportunity to change the trajectory of the company as a whole. Who you are
- Dynamic, creative, adaptable, collaborative, and unafraid to make a splash
- Understand the inbound activities involved in building impactful offers, and can also focus energy on the outbound activities that grow sales and adoption
- Intent on helping customers and partners with a desire to understand how our products and services can help improve their businesses
- Passionate about the importance of security to develop coherent value propositions that drive key customer outcomes
- Can clearly articulate critical issue status to executive staff, sales teams, and other invested parties
- Possess keen judgment in risk management and problem mitigation
The primary responsibility of this role is to drive accelerated execution across the company by:
- Building an integrated roadmap, success criteria and milestones in partnership with Strategy Emerging Technologies & Incubation, Cloud Security CX and corporate functions
- Accelerating operational capabilities owned by CIO, Jacqui Guichelaar, and SVP Operations Programs, Ganesha Rasiah, for each offer to the customer
- Removing obstacles and helping mitigate risks to expedite delivery
- Providing insights-based tracking to measure progress, recording metrics centrally and creating visibility at the offer level
- Analyzing market segments, verticals, sizing and ideal customer targets, and designing forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment that will leapfrog competition and grow revenue
- Driving closed loop feedback process from seller and customer buyer/influencer to synthesize and adjust assets, materials, and programs
- 15+ years of experience as a product development leader with a proven record of accomplishment
- Results-oriented with the ability to carry out detailed execution while operating within a large-scale multinational
- Deep domain and/or proven experience and expertise in transforming security operations for Enterprise customers, with knowledge or prior experience in influencing dominant developer networks and applications
- Strategic thinker with a combination of analytical, influencing, leadership and communication skills, as well as a positive, humble, and can-do mindset
- Have the business acumen to connect technical and managerial decisions with impact on the business and actively and meaningfully contribute to business and strategy decisions
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with history of leading at least a multi-group product development team delivering sophisticated software products
- Dynamic and strong team player with the ability to build senior level relationships cross-functionally and with peers across a diverse audience
- An undergraduate degree in an engineering field (preferably Computer Science) and a Master's degree in Engineering or Business are a plus, but not required.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Sign up to receive notifications of similar jobs
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.