Director, Complex Assets
The Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund ("Fidelity Charitable") is a public charity that sponsors the largest national d...
Director, Complex Assets
The Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund ("Fidelity Charitable") is a public charity that sponsors the largest national donor-advised fund program. Since 1991, Fidelity Charitable has introduced tens of thousands of donors to the benefits - and increased charitable impact - of using a donor-advised fund to meet their philanthropic goals. Fidelity Charitable is governed by an independent Board of Trustees, which has hired Fidelity Investments as the service provider to the charity. Fidelity Investments provides all of the charitable organization's employees and supports all of its functions: Program Development, Marketing, Service Delivery, Relationship Management, Finance, Technology, Risk and Compliance, and Fundraising. The Complex Asset Group, where this role is based, supports our advisor and donor community with advanced planning solutions, including unleashing the power of complex or illiquid appreciated assets in the portfolio, for charitable giving. This strategy is transformational, not only to the donor's tax and holistic wealth management goals, but more importantly it is transformational, if adopted and integrated into an advisor's overall wealth management practice, for advisors to the private capital investor-philanthropists in the thriving private capital ecosystem.
A Director in the Complex Asset Group at Fidelity Charitable works with UHNW philanthropists, their advisors, transaction attorneys and wealth advisors to facilitate charitable donations of private capital investments. Serving at the intersection of wealth creation and philanthropy, you will help make more of a difference for private capital investors, and their advisors, who are increasingly seeking more strategic ways to leverage their growth investments to maximize their philanthropic impact.
Fidelity Charitable's Advanced Planning Group is the premier provider of advanced planning expertise and guidance on, among other things, complex asset gifting. As such, Fidelity Charitable is the go-to charity for founders, entrepreneurs, private capital investors and their advisors seeking to facilitate donations of appreciated private assets to charity.
Our Complex Asset Directors serve as the first call for advisors and their founder, management team, C-suite executive, entrepreneur, early investor, employee/shareholder, and LP investor clients, seeking to leverage the appreciation and value in their equity shares for philanthropy. Some private companies have stock liquidity programs and some are preparing for a corporate action. Either way, these private capital investors rely on our Private, nonpublicly traded asset expertise to facilitate tax-advantaged charitable giving.
The Expertise You Have
* B.A. or B.S degree required
* Minimum of 3 years of law firm or in-house experience preferred
* Corporate compliance experience acceptable
* Experience in taxation, mergers and acquisitions, securities laws and regulation, corporate governance, private equity, and private capital markets required
* Experience and high level of competence in the areas of due diligence and assessment of risk preferred
* Experience working with financial intermediaries, T&E attorneys, CPAs, CFPs for wealth planning purposes preferred
* Interest/exposure to philanthropy, exempt organizations and planned giving a plus
* Relationship management skills preferred
The Skills You Bring
* You are dynamic and personable and have a proven track record of taking the lead.
* You have demonstrated a strong work ethic and are a continual learner.
* You have strong oral and written communication skills.
* You are professional and have a positive/winning attitude.
* You have superior time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and respond to competing requests.
* You are collegial, responsive and proactive
* You develop ongoing, productive relationships with key intermediaries and Fidelity Charitable colleagues
* You identify opportunities for innovation and ways to increase efficiencies and scalability
The Value You Deliver
Supporting the Complex Asset Group Vice Presidents, you will work directly with private capital investors and their advisors through the entire charitable giving process - from inquiry to completion of charitable transfers and closings/funding of the donor advised fund, you'll create lasting relationships and generate referrals. You will serve an integral role as part of a cross-functional team focused on compliance with established policies and procedures, including, without limitation, procedures for handling assets with potential unrelated business income tax (UBIT) liability.
You will develop a high level of competence in the areas of due diligence and assessment of risk, including, without limitation, UBIT analysis in connection with public and private M&A activity.
Engage with and develop strong working relationships with donors, corporate issuers, in-house and outside counsel, the Complex Asset Group Service Delivery Team, Fidelity Charitable's Investment Oversight and Crypto currency Groups, Fidelity Charitable's Fundraising Staff and Fidelity's Legal, Corporate Tax, Compliance and Risk Management teams, and day-to-day interaction with corporate counsel for private company businesses, CFOs and investor relations teams.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.