At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in build...
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are open to any location in the US
Be a part of our mission! Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide by 2030? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it's our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business-it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
The Director of Cloud Infrastructure Architecture will be at the forefront of Trane Technologies emerging cloud practice. This role will continue to help lead us on our cloud journey and will have responsibility for establishing the strategy for Cloud Infrastructure architecture across the enterprise of our global organization. As a lead cloud architect, you will help design a secure, cloud based infrastructure to support our business growth. Partnering with the enterprise organization on the current technologies in place and assessing our future state infrastructure. As a leader, you will help us identify new opportunities to build cloud-based solutions to help us meet our customer's sustainability needs.
- Principal accountabilities of the role include setting the vision for the future state technology supporting business growth capabilities
- Defines the future state technology supporting modern components that enable rapid application deployment for Trane
- Defines a vision that traverses the technology from User-Experience / Customer-Experience, data-driven strategic analysis and customer insights, cloud provisioning and embedding AI-ML and Cognitive into our current systems
- Assesses and evaluates emerging technology capabilities (like IoT, Robotics, VR/AR, BlockChain) for compatibility, scalability, and viability in the Company environment.
- Defines the enterprise Cloud Infrastructure focused target states and roadmaps and phased approach for its execution to transform Trane's ability to deliver growth capabilities.
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness, reduce costs and/or system risks and increase speed to market including overseeing Proof of Concepts/Proof of Technologies
- Define and design the future state reference architecture for Applications, Data and Infrastructure and drive standardization to leverage Enterprise scale with ultimate goal to drive standardization, simplification, reduce Time to Market and lower TCO
- 12+ years of proven and progressive experience in IT.
- 8+ years of experience in technology development, architecture, integration management.
- 5+ years infrastructure experience.
- 3+ years experience working with Cloud technologies
- Experience creating strategies for cloud infrastructure solutions including implementation of processes and techniques.
- Global exposure in a multi-national company is an asset.
- E nterprise wide network and applications implementation experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external organizations; as well as globally dispersed teams
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status. - provided by Dice