We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants ...
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We continue to lead the industry with our Strategy and AI team which is focused on the digital transformation of the company by using data, artificial intelligence, and digital technologies. Part of the transformation is driving digitization, which turns all stimuli into data. The data then becomes our unique proprietary asset. With the combination of data and digitization, we can deliver sustainability, creativity, and profitability in equal measure - optimizing at once for all and disrupting traditional apparel industry approaches.
About the job
* Digitize Go-to-Market: Re-design end-to-end Go-To-Market (GTM) digitization workflows and processes including:
* Gathering requirements from Brand and Operations
* Circumventing current linear and sequential processes for the new, re-imagined LS&Co. GTM, from design to sourcing, manufacturing, and selling
* This Digital, Data, and AI support for new GTM process includes support from concept to prototype through scale
* Digitize and automate business processes with focus on enterprise-wide workflows and process streamlining, digitization, and automation, including digitization of prioritized processes for Finance, IT, and manufacturing, e.g. Robotic Process Automation of manual, repetitive processes that can result in re-training and re-deploying people into other higher-value-add roles
* Develop digital assets including:
* Digitization of our legacy - e.g., discovering, capturing, and making usable all possible data by leading the digitization of physical artifacts and analog photos in our archives preserving our soon-to-be 168 years' worth of history, to data that may have been part of but never used in internal systems, operations, design and supply chain processes, customer and consumer interactions and transactions, and more - for ongoing digitization of our business practices and outcomes
* Creating new, Digital-, Data-, and AI-enabled approaches to traditional processes. Such as a fully digital, computer-vision enabled way of creating denim finishing and damage
* Applying a holistic Digitization perspective to our supply chain, coordinating advancements in smart fabrics, Internet of Things and connected fashion, blockchain and related data tracking and transparency technologies, to help optimize inventory management while driving fashion trends and consumer demand. E.g.: First sell digital designs, then manufacture to meet demand
* Supporting Direct to Consumer channels in creating consumer-centric solutions - using Digital, Data, and AI to understand and think through consumer needs and wants from apparel, fashion, and lifestyle brands, and design new ways of addressing those through Digital, Data, and AI - including enabling deep personalization and customization, e.g., consumer "segment of one" fit, style, finish, size; virtual environments to meet size and fit needs and reduce returns etc.
* Commercialize our IP and identify and develop new, Digital-, Data-, and AI-enabled business models and revenue streams for LS&Co., for example:
* Digital goods - these are digital extensions of / complements to physical collaborations and collections. Testing ideas digitally and adapting accordingly, rather than relying on traditional market research methods, such as focus groups
* Data as a service - applying machine learning to our data to predict new trends in fashion and apparel; evolve into a digital library and design assistant(s)/virtual stylists with searchable content, design creation tools; and sell to other retailers, designers, marketers, and media
* Software as a service by packaging our proprietary models, tools, and engines for other retailers or companies with similar needs
* Platform businesses - the platform business model is an integral part of our future. In it, we will enable connections and transactions among interested parties, rather than manufacturing a physical product
* Advanced (master's or PhD) degree in computer science, data science, information science, engineering or related field, or bachelor's degree plus equivalent work experience
* 10+ years of relevant digital business experience, ideally in retail/apparel industry (consumer goods experience required).
* 7+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
* Experience in integrating complex, cross-corporate processes and information strategies, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
* Strategy and management consulting experience desirable
* Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at a senior level to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
* Demonstrated leadership; proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions
* Proven data literacy - The ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and quant stakeholders
* Information strategy experience - Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance
* Analytical skills - Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Familiarity with business information generation and analysis methods
* Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
* Gravitas to develop a framework for information and analytics governance, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business
* Self-starter, capable of thinking big, starting small, and scaling quickly
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to technologists. The candidate should be able to "sell" ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board and investors
* Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, build teams and consensus, get things done through others not directly under his/her supervision, and work ethically and with integrity
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.