40% of ISG's revenues come from our Go-Digital initiatives, and we have ambitious growth plans over the next three years. The Digital Strate...
40% of ISG's revenues come from our Go-Digital initiatives, and we have ambitious growth plans over the next three years. The Digital Strategy & Solutions Service Line spearheads our Digital solutions and offerings in the market is a key driver of this growth.
Our Digital Strategy & Solutions consist of 5 key domains:
b) Digital Backbone & Cloud Operating Models
c) Emerging Scale (Analytics, AI, Cybersecurity, Blockchain,…)
d) Business Model Value and Innovation
e) Digital Engineering & Manufacturing.
We are looking for a Digital Solution Lead - to lead our Domain: Digital Backbone & Cloud practice and to lead a key area under ISG's Digital Strategy & Solutions.
You will shape our offering, and lead a delivery/consulting team for cloud/PaaS related modernization and/or digital backbone engagements.
You will participate as part of the Digital Strategy & Solutions leadership team - and guide a consulting team in sales solutioning, delivery of ISG methodology and tools, and in market-facing content development / thought leadership. You will lead in the development of initial assessments, strategies, workload and/or portfolio analysis, project plans, market capabilities, and roadmap development for the Digital Backbone - and run large programs across multiple clients within this discipline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads the Digital Backbone solution & offering across the Americas - guides, shapes and leads a team.
• Provides consultation services to clients and suppliers in areas of cloud computing trends, architectures, project management, modeling/business case development, migrations, management, cost transparency, service models and supplier transactions
• Carries an annual revenue target for the solution - with responsibilities for growing the practice.
• Gains an understanding of client's current situation and environment by gathering needed information and using appropriate frameworks and models in the development of assessment material for decision-making purposes
• Participates as a key contributor or engagement leader on client engagements SME focus area
• Responsible for project management of small to medium sized engagements or major sub-project. Leads the planning and the development to all project deliverables and assumes overall responsibility for staffing, budget, work plans, scope, project milestones, issues management and risk management utilizing ISG's project management methods, tools and templates
• Guides and leads the creation and delivery of ISG methodology and tools in support of client cloud computing initiatives
• Provides thought leadership in the formation and build of additional value-added consulting offerings and partnership opportunities to help drive the ISG Digital Backbone & cloud services business including the development of external content development and thought leadership
• Assists in recruiting activities by identifying and interviewing candidates as well as informal mentoring and coaching of current staff
• Contributes to the creation and refinement of ISG methodologies, tools, processes, and IP for cloud and other digital offerings
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Qualifications:
• 7-15 years recent consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles, or suitable experience within a corporate IT department in a variety of leadership positions across IT Operations, Architecture and Security
• Strong understanding of organizational roles and responsibilities associated with enterprise agility, IT service delivery and operations
• Expert with Cloud delivery models and ability to understand application architectures for cloud modernization with working knowledge of architecture of public and on-premise hybrid-cloud solutions
• Knowledge of security risks and best practices for implementing Cloud architectures for enterprise customers; experience in a regulated industry is a plus
• Experience with market Cloud providers and provider enablers, and ability to work with and lead customer IT and managed services partners in the migration of workloads to the cloud
• Experience with Cloud management platforms and cloud automation tools is desired
• Broad enterprise application experience with leading ERP stacks such as SAP, Oracle, etc. and other platform such as HRIS, CRM, etc.
• Recent, hands-on experience designing, building and operating complex, global IT infrastructures (LAN/WAN, Data Center, Virtualization, etc.)
• Technical proficiency and comfort with variety of Operating System and Database platforms
• Knowledge and experience with DevOps processes and tools highly desired (Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc.)
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders and C-level executives.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in a technical or scientific field
• MBA/MS or other advanced degree(s) desirable
• ITIL Foundation Qualification desirable
• Cloud certifications desirable
• 80% - 100% required
Technical & Professional Traits:
• Fully understands, and has experience with the Consulting Lifecycle
• Has worked for Tier 1 consultancies at some point in their career at a Director or Associate Partner level or above for at least 3+ years across their overall professional career.
• The individual has led large, diverse, multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex technology related issues in real life industry relevant scenarios.
• Has hands on experience with specific Practice competencies & themes through client engagement work in Tier 1 consultancies, or through direct employment with large global enterprises in the specific industry.
• Has strong 3+ years of experience across multiple industry segments, and is knowledgeable of critical success factors/issues that are emerging due to the impact of the Digital Industrial Economy for those industries.
• Is comfortable with working within a matrix management operating model.