Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over...
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As part of the Digital Experience team you will play an integral part in advancing MUFG's technology Digital Technology and be a part of a new culture of technical excellence.
You will be a key member of the breakthrough engineering agenda by implementing revolutionary Digital Channel Technology. The platforms supports transactions across deposits, loans, mortgages, even blockchain, all run through event stream processing that observes, aggregates, and correlates the transactions to help the bank make smarter, faster, more accurate customer-enabling decisions across our offerings in real time.
Our primary goals this year are to build out a more agile capabilities on a twelve factor app platform friendly to DevSecOps culture. We're using these to prototype MVP digital banking services that rely on cross channel customer relationship models and cross line of business information and transaction flows.
These platforms will enable continuous innovation across all our products and channels, empowering our customers to do more with their money. Make critical contributions supporting application delivery, agile development in Agular, Android, iOS, J2EE, Node JS, Java, Java Script, and integration with common services / API's, Development platforms, using existing and emerging technologies.
Design and develop new features and functionalities for the online banking, mobile, Call Center, ATM and Self Service Kiosk platforms, perform tests and conduct reviews to make sure your work is designed and coded for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered apparatuses. Create applications for new Journeys / Products and the enhancement of existing ones.
As the Digital Channels Journey Tech Lead you will be required to have extensive Banking / Financial Systems expertise, and a deep technical background in application development. You will report to the Managing Director, Digital Experience Transformation for MUFG Union Bank. You will be responsible for leading a team of Directors, System Managers, Technical Leads and Software Engineers. You will work with the Business Journey owner to create the technical feasibility for implementing journeys across multiple platforms, systems and channels. You will interact with the Journey owner and provide technical guidance for creating new journeys and updating existing journeys. In addition to leading Technical Journeys, You will also may manage approximately 4-6 agile development teams. You must have experience managing senior technical professionals and developers in an agile environment. You will execute and deliver against the Digital OKR's (Objectives and Key Results).
- Develop strong and progressive relationships with various lines of business and technology leaders
- Guide Technical Leads and development to design technology processes and/or service delivery models, with an emphasis on agile best practices
- Achieve technology and departmental financial, strategic, tactical and operational goals
- Manage and communicate across all projects and stakeholders in the portfolio
- Hires, trains, develops and appraise staff effectively and takes corrective action as necessary on timely basis
- Has a strong Technical background to oversee digital systems application development, and be able to have in-depth conversations other agile teams
- Provide leadership in achieving organizational business objectives and departmental deliverables
- Collaborate with Agile Center of Excellence in processes and controls
- Responsible for ensuring the operational performance and improvement of the end-to-end lead flow. Identify issues before others; collaborate to fix issues when they arrive; recommend new ways to optimize and improve the process; and document, measure and train others on new processes as they arise.
- Contribute to processes that help manage and grow the digital experience, including data integrity, enrichment, build out, and targeting/segmentation approach
- Consistently and predictably develop, document, and optimize technology processes, and automate where appropriate.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and across all technology domains.
- Partner with the line of business to create the technical solutions and strategy to deliver new Journey's or Products.
- Manage the technical end to end journey working with all required technology's and systems such as UI development, API / Middleware development, core banking development, Data, information security and any other systems that are impacted by the journey.
- Be a self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to quickly resolve issues and deliver product releases on time.
- 10 - 15+ years leading software delivery teams
- 7 + years in a Director level technology role.
- Experience working with API's and developing UI/UIX for web and mobile application. Android/IOS experience.
- Understanding of application development infrastructure from development, testing to production.
- Knowledge of Code management, change and release management. Experience managing and leading agile development required.
- Ability to resolve complex issues. Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Experience working across IT domains and lead interactions with other senior executives in both technology and business.
- Experience in working in a DevOp's / DevSecOp's agile environment
- Ability to create strategic plans, roadmaps and transitional phases that support the overall IT vision.
- Strong leadership, organization skills and management experience
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Should be able to work with off-shore vendors and resources spread out globally
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must possess the skills to use multi-level analysis and sound judgment to work through organizational and process issues
- Proven track record of Digital Transformation / Agile development execution experience; digital channels or analytics background is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.Department:
Systems / Technology
- provided by Dice