DevOps Support Engineer
DevOps Engineer will assist in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the teams success. These tasks will include...
DevOps Support Engineer
DevOps Engineer will assist in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the teams success. These tasks will include support and design of continuous integration and delivery pipeline applications, various scripting and automation tasks relative to service delivery, and/or platforms support. Other duties will include documentation of applications and standards, maintenance of ticketing queues, general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and after hours SDLC support.
- Architect, design and support continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation
- Scripting tasks relative to platforms support and service delivery
- Facilitate after hours deployment efforts as needed
- Support development and QA teams in their deployment efforts as needed
- Open change tickets as needed to facilitate release automation processes
- Ensure pipeline platforms are redundant and backed up as needed
- Communicate effectively and appropriately, deferring to management on communicating with external teams as needed
- Provide internal and external customers with excellent customer service
- Attend departmental, project and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate
- Participate in company provided training and perform independent training and research as appropriate
- Install system patches and application updates as directed.
- Assist in other production support efforts as needed
- Participate in an on-call support rotation for providing after-hours support
- Where possible, design and/or automate yourself out of any of the above duties
- Leading candidates will have both developer and operations education and/or experience
- Command of at least one scripting language, such as PowerShell, Ruby or Python and openness to adding the others as required by your daily tasks
- Conversant in or willing to learn git source code management
- Familiar with continuous integration tools, like Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo, Go CD
- Strong familiarity with Linux or Windows Server platforms support and eagerness to continue building expertise in the less familiar platform
- General familiarity with AWS or Azure or other leading cloud platforms and virtualization
- Experience supporting applications that run on Web services and Java virtual machines technologies, IIS or Apache web servers
- Experience with Load balancing methodologies and technologies
- Intermediate to advanced platform with troubleshooting in the technologies that you are proficient in
- Familiar with agile work management principles and tools
- Persistent desire to innovate, automate, and continually improve processes
- Experience with WS02 and Tibco
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Automation
- Capacity to take initiative; desire to become a self-starter
- Willingness to find problems and come up with creative solutions
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Able to think and react positively and professionally when faced with obstacles
- A strong willingness to learn, and accept instruction
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in automation, scripting, or development
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with server infrastructure management in either Windows or Linux
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience within Information Technology field required
- Advanced job-related certifications preferred but not required. Technical certifications are a plus
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based Digital Strategy and Technology Agency. We help clients with launching differentiated client engagement strategies, enhancing employee experience and optimizing their operations. Our technology specializations include modern enterprise mobility, digital experience platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud-native solutions, internet of things, mixed reality and blockchain.
Productive Edge offers the unique opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment. Because we focus on building long-term partnerships with our clients, Productive Edge team members are constantly challenged to anticipate the technological needs of diverse corporations. Our passion for developing the best solutions to todays enterprise challenges makes Productive Edge such a rewarding place to work. We also offer an attractive suite of benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan.
Our reputation for delivering premium technological support means that we are growing all the time. We have an open loft-style work environment in downtown Chicago, steps from the red/brown line and a fun work atmosphere with outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities. While we have a fun work environment and a passion for what we do, we also have a flawless record of timely delivery for our clients and expect each team member to embrace our high-performance standards.