Do you want to help developers and users reclaim the web with a brand new technology to directly manage our information and identities onlin...
Do you want to help developers and users reclaim the web with a brand new technology to directly manage our information and identities online?
3Box Labs is building a more open, safe and collaborative web. We created the leading identity and data solution for Web3, and alongside our open source developer community we're approaching the launch of Ceramic Network. We have huge and novel challenges ahead. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
3Box Labs is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will build key infrastructure components and support reliable deployments for us and the community.
You will get to...
- Set up a high quality monitoring and alert system that allows us to catch all issues before they become a problem
- Create tools and resources for anyone in the community to run and deploy Ceramic infrastructure
- Ensure our infrastructure is performant and highly available
- Upgrade our metrics systems to provide critical insights to the core team and other network participants
- Research and develop safe ways of running validator nodes and provide insight and guidance to the core dev team
- Develop new microservices as needed to support network growth (e.g., social verifications)
- Automate and optimize our CI/CD processes to support our goal of exceptional reliability
- Assess our current infrastructure and implement security best practices
- Design and maintain automated testing plans for distributed, peer to peer networks
You're likely a great candidate if you have...
- Shipped large scale infrastructure used in production applications
- Experience identify and troubleshoot infrastructure issues and create preventative action plans
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code solutions (e.g. Terraform), AWS and other cloud providers, and Web3 concepts and how they are different
- A flexible, anti-fragile, and highly scalable approach to infrastructure design
- Deep understanding of UNIX systems
- A knack for quickly learning new problem areas, weighing tradeoffs, and recommending a path forward
- Bonus points: worked with Go / Rust, significant DevOps experience
We are a lean, endlessly curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.