Want to build the future of the Internet? Founded by renowned open-source developers Adam Bozanich and Greg Osuri, Akash N...
Want to build the future of the Internet? Founded by renowned open-source developers Adam Bozanich and Greg Osuri, Akash Network is developing the world's first and only decentralized open-source cloud, enabling any data center and anyone with a computer to become a cloud provider by offering their unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more people's work and play move to the cloud, we're materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned open source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We're a distributed and growing team, and you'll find incomparable ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash. We offer competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
We're looking for a developer who is passionate about teaching and evangelizing transformative new technologies. As Akash Network's first Developer Relations Manager, you will catalyze and scale adoption of Akash DeCloud, the world's first decentralized cloud, among Developers and DevOps.
You'll create online and offline developer marketing programs that drive product awareness and adoption. You'll be a passionate developer advocate and Akash ambassador working closely with our Product and Growth teams to deliver an amazing developer experience.
*Please include samples of your technical work and technical writing for consideration.
- Build demos, SDKs, and implementations to bring developers to Akash DeCloud.
- Develop marketing and technical content to support lifecycle usage by Developers and DevOps, including tutorials, guides, Github repos, docs, articles, email, and event presentations.
- Run and optimize owned and earned developer marketing channels, including Discord, forum, events (meetups, hackathons, AMAs, live streams), technical partnerships, and webinars.
- Create a DeCloud Developer program that engages early adopter prospects, users, and developer influencers.
- Represent Akash as the technical voice for media engagements, and at events and conferences.
- 3+ years experience in developer relations or developer marketing, engaging with Developers and/or DevOps
- Background in software engineering at cloud, developer, or blockchain organization a BIG PLUS
- Proficient with Kubernetes and Dev/DevOps workflows including Cl/CD
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Exceptional project and timeline management
- Growth mindset and problem solver
- Great design and data sensibilities
- Deep empathy and collaborative
- Passionate and ambitious
- Prior experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud platforms, enterprise software requirements, deployments, and security
- Experience and passion for creating blockchain-based decentralized applications and smart contracts to build novel products
- Good understanding of all things "cloud infrastructure" - architectures, optimization, scalability, etc.
- Experience in decentralized public ledgers (Blockchain)
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Notable open source contributions
About Akash Network
Akash Network is developing the world's first and only decentralized open-source cloud, enabling any data center and anyone with a computer to become a cloud provider by offering their unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace. As the first decentralized cloud for DeFi, Akash DeCloud greatly accelerates scale and price performance for DeFi, decentralized organizations, and high-growth industries like machine learning/AI.
Through Akash's platform, developers can easily and securely access cloud compute at a cost up to ten times lower than current market providers (AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure). The platform achieves these benefits by integrating advanced containerization technology with a unique staking model to accelerate adoption.