Developer Relations Engineer
We are looking for talented and motivated Developer Relations Engineer to join O(1) Labs, the team incubating...
Developer Relations Engineer
We are looking for talented and motivated Developer Relations Engineer to join O(1) Labs, the team incubating the Mina Protocol. We are building the first cryptocurrency protocol with a succinct blockchain, enabling greater access and ease of adoption than other protocols. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems in computing.
We're working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures, and ramifications that could match the influence of the internet's development. We believe it's important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
Mina enables a new class of applications where users can securely and frictionlessly interact with the network while developers can add functionality to their applications in a few lines of client-side code. We're looking for someone who wants to work hand-in-hand with a vibrant developer community to create a new generation of cryptocurrency-enabled applications.
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating problems that span software engineering, systems design, cryptography, and computing. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
The role includes:
- Being a point of contact for technical collaboration and guidance for partners and others in the developer ecosystem.
- Collecting feedback to understand the needs and wants of the developer community; relaying that feedback to Product,Engineering and Marketing teams to help create features,products and positioning that engage, excite and empower the developer community to build on Mina.
- Partnering with Marketing to participate in, build and maintain the Mina developer community and ecosystem by producing content, participating in events, panels, conferences, AMAs or other opportunities to reach an audience of developers.
- Helping ideate, build and grow categories of applications and platforms on top of the Mina blockchain by collaborating with the entire Mina community and other blockchain developers
- Creating content that will help support and engage the developer community
The ideal candidate:
- Is an excellent writer and empathetic communicator
- Has experience working in a developer relations or external facing engineering capacity at a blockchain or cryptocurrency project, preferably one with a live mainnet
- Has a network of developers building or interested in applications on top of public blockchains
- Has experience with computer science, software engineering, or cryptocurrency applications
- Is familiar with or interested in learning functional programming paradigms and OCaml
- Has experience giving demos, speaking or presenting at conferences or meet-ups
- Has experience working directly with users or potential users to collect feedback through various methods
- Has some experience technical writing
However, there are no hard requirements; we're more interested in learning about your individual background.
O(1) Labs is aiming to develop the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our team is based in San Francisco, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
O(1) Labs is a blockchain technology company that has successfully incubated the Mina Protocol, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets. It can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cellphones to be fully verifying nodes. The company is now looking to start the next stage of its journey as the world's premier SNARK application developer.
We're working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe in and are dedicated to incorporating diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.