Expected Travel:0 - 10%
Employment Type:Regular Full Time
Expected Travel:0 - 10%
Employment Type:Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people s lives.
SAP Next-Gen is a purpose driven innovation community supporting SAP s commitment to the 17 UN Global Goals for sustainable development, and an innovation platform for SAP s 378,000+ customers across 25 industries in 180+ countries. The platform leverages 3,360+ educational institutions in 112 countries as well as startups, accelerators, purpose driven partners, futurists, and 70+ SAP Next-Gen labs/hubs at universities and at partner and SAP locations. The platform also leverages SAP s 100+ innovation and development centers, and SAP s network of 17,000+ partner companies.
SAP Next-Gen connects customers to academic thought leaders and researchers, students, startups, tech community partners, venture firms, purpose driven partners, and SAP experts to reimagine the future of industries with SAP Leonardo, seed in disruptive innovation with startups, and build skills for digital futures. Customers can benefit from SAP Next-Gen services as well as events where digital innovators come together in an open innovation with purpose community to foster the future of industries with SAP Leonardo.
SAP Next-Gen services include innovation tours, boot camps, startup matchmaker, advisors, purpose driven innovation, and projects with academia. SAP Next-Gen events include Innovation with Purpose Week, industry summits, meetups and salons.
SAP Next-Gen services are delivered through memberships in clubs for all 25 SAP industries; clubs for SAP Leonardo e. g. IoT, machine learning, Blockchain, and analytics; clubs for other exponential technologies e. g. VR/AR, robotics, drones, and iOS enterprise apps; clubs for innovation methodologies e. g. science fiction thinking, exponential thinking, design thinking, purpose driven thinking, and next-gen change management; and clubs for special topics including advancing opportunities for women and girls in education, entrepreneurship, and innovation, as well as Snap! which educates younger students with coding skills and inspires them to Code with Purpose.
#sheinnovates is a global SAP Next-Gen initiative supporting the UN Women Global Innovation Coalition for Change to accelerate industry-wide change to advance opportunities for women and girls in innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship. SAP Next-Gen is developing a mobile application supporting this initiative to allow women and girls all over to world to access courses about STEM skills, inform them about local technology events and to invite them to local and global communities that can support them.
SAP Next-Gen is an extension of SAP University Alliances, a global program enabling educational institutions to integrate the latest SAP technologies into academic teaching and research. With UA resources, faculty help students better connect business and IT concepts to practice, and prepare them to be the next generation designers, developers, data scientists, makers, entrepreneurs and business leaders who will drive the intelligent enterprise including with SAP Leonardo. Through a blended learning model, faculty and students access SAP learning assets covering both Mode 1 IT (system of record with SAP core solutions) and Mode 2 IT (digital innovation with SAP Leonardo), available through UA including faculty developed curriculum, openSAP, and SAP Learning Hub. UA partners globally with 6 University Competence Centers which provide low cost peer hosting of SAP classroom systems. Five Academic Competence Centers and 2 academic centers of excellence provide localization services and support for faculty.
To support the global growth of SAP Next-Gen and its initiatives including #sheinnovates, as well as other programs and events, an SAP Next-Gen Software Development Lead is needed to build apps supporting a digital ecosystem for stakeholders to engage with and access relevant content in the global SAP Next-Gen community.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- The SAP Next-Gen Software Development Lead ( Software Development Lead ) will lead the front-end development of the #sheinnovates mobile app, the SAP Next-Gen mobile app, SAP Next-Gen web-based dashboards, and the development of the backend of these services.
- The Software Development Lead will take over and own the front-end and back-end development of the #sheinnovates-app written in React Native, Redux and Ruby, developing all aspects of the app, keeping the global scale of the app in mind, migrating the existing backend to an SAP HANA instance and maintain it, and regularly iterating the app s design through user testing and feedback.
- The Software Development Lead will take over and own the front-end and back-end-development of the SAP Next-Gen-apps and dashboards written in Ruby on Rails, designing the IT infrastructure needed to globally scale the app leveraging SAP HANA, conducting design thinking workshops to design the app and the dashboards to support the activities of the global SAP Next-Gen team worldwide, and developing all aspects of the backend, the app and the dashboards.
- The Software Development Lead will be responsible for overseeing a small team of software development interns, instructing and guiding them in best practices in software development and ensuring collaborative, rapid development of the applications using agile software development frameworks.
- The Software Development Lead will be responsible for building other software applications needed to further support the SAP Next-Gen Team and its effort to foster innovation by leveraging and applying a broad portfolio of skills in exponential technologies such as Robotics and Virtual Reality (e. g. using Unity and Choreograph).
- The Software Development Lead will coordinate with the SAP Next-Gen leadership team to ensure that SAP s business, legal, compliance, and IT requirements are met as they relate to the apps that are developed.
- The Software Development Lead will support the Global Head of SAP Next-Gen in any other way to contribute to the success of SAP Next-Gen.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor s or Master s Degree in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of SAP HANA and building globally scalable software applications on top of it
- Full-stack development experience in building mobile (Android + iOS) as well as web applications and services, ideally using Ruby, Ruby on Rails and React Native.
- Strong knowledge of software design and development process.
- Major competency in multiple languages and programming styles (functional, OOP, etc.).
- Strong skills in UX and User Experience Design including knowledge about Design Thinking.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies using frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Strong English language skills, strong German language skills are a plus.
- Degree concentration in databases and human computer interaction preferred
- Skills in building software for exponential technologies such as Robotics and Virtual Reality (e. g. Unity, C#, Choreograph, Python)
- Experience in conducting user testings and prototyping workshops using Design Thinking
- Experience in leading and instructing software developer teams
- Knowledge about SAP product standards, cloud qualities, development guidelines in the development environment of S/4 HANA and development of SAP event websites using 1DX
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in front-end, back-end or full-stack software development and experience in agile software development methodologies
Palo Alto, California, USA