Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Please note: Upon returning to the workplace, this role will operate out of an IBM MSC in Austin, TX or RTP, NC
The IBM Marketing Studio is an in-house, global studio within the Marketing Services Center with experts specializing in brand, design, video, editorial, case study development, social and web, as well as agile coaching and application development. We offer a range of innovative services from the strategic to the tactical and work very closely with our marketing clients to improve their business outcomes.
The Marketing Studio design practice is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Designer who is passionate about ideas, brand experience and design, and looking to work with like-minded people. This team is responsible for the expression of the IBM brand in every experience delivered. The professional must have a strong attention towards strategic, simple, smart design, and a keen eye for a modernist approach to typography and information design. The right candidate should have conceptual skills with identity systems, and experience working across media. Work will include a range of assets and projects, including online, digital, data visualization, print, social, video, and events.
* Execute projects from conception, design, through execution.
* Produce deliverables from print to online and multimedia.
* Bring abstract concepts to life though typography, illustration, iconography and photography.
* Deep understanding of IBM's business strategies and goals.
* Command of IBM brand's vision, systems, and documentation.
* Help advance experience design at IBM.
* Contribute to style guides, UI toolkits, and other design documents, as needed.
* Produce comps and assist with presentation preparations.
* Work with senior design team members to establish priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks.
* Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
* Speak and present to range of stakeholders.
* Ensure quality control and outcomes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 3+ years of relevant experience in a digital design position
* Demonstrated experience within an organization conducting the following:
* Designing experiences across media.
* Utilizing knowledge of grids, typography, graphic design, color, layout, iconography, imagery, and design patterns and systems to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects.
* Problem solving and idea generation, effectively visualizing and creating concepts into the end products.
* Investigating, innovating, and developing trends in creative with an emphasis on brand experience and design.
* Actively seeking feedback and review of work; accept and act upon creative/technical direction.
* Taking direction well and being nimble to extend designs across platforms.
* Distinguishing good design from bad, careless from well-conceived and crafted.
* Thriving in an agile development environment and team.
* Collaboration with others-stakeholders, technical teams, partners and other designers.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Being passionate, confident, empathetic, positive and approachable.
* Attention-to-detail, strong organizational skills and time management.
* An Education in graphic design (or 3-5+ years of hands-on digital design experience)
* Applications: Adobe Creative Suite (highly proficient), Sketch a plus
* Applications: Principle, MS Office (.PPT), Github
* Front-end web technologies (HTML5, CSS, etc.) experience
* UI/UX experience
* Web standards experience and knowledge
* Animation and motion skills