Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insigh...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2021 (3 MONTHS)
The IBM CIO is searching for talented Design Research/User Experience Research interns to join our CIO Design team in providing IBMers with a great User Experience for our internal solutions. Design Researcher Interns uncover insights, inform design decisions, and forge new opportunities to improve business outcomes through the rigorous study of people and the ecosystems in which they exist. They continuously build team understanding and empathy through empirical observation, experience, and making.
In this role you will help build an understanding of needs and pain-points and will conduct a variety of qualitative and quantitative analyses in different situations. You'll inspire change by delivering insightful, actionable and exciting oral, written and visual presentations about your findings. Your primary job as a user researcher will be to advocate for our users and provide insights that shape their experiences such that they are natural, easy, useful, delightful, relevant and trustworthy.
These are office-based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
NC - Raleigh, Research Triangle Park
NY - New York
CT - Southbury
- Design, plan, conduct, synthesize and communicate user research projects to inform design including but not limited to: usability studies, heuristic evaluations, interviews, surveys, user personas, journey maps, service blueprints and benchmarks
- Demonstrate skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals
- Designing simple user research surveys (with tools like Survey Gizmo or Verint) and then further analyze your results using basic descriptive analyses (like percentages, sums, and averages)
- Work closely with colleagues and project teams to identify the right user research methodology for the situation, create research guides that ensure the right data is being collected
- Communicate your findings in a clear, concise, and visual (as appropriate) manner to our key stakeholder project teams, and drive meaningful action based on those findings
- Work cross-functionally with Design Researchers, Visual / Interaction / Content Designers, Program Managers, and Software Engineers in a fast-moving agile environment
- Communicate, track, and drive research insights with stakeholders to ensure a positive impact
- Produce impactful artifacts generated from research findings