Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Want to do your best work ever? At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? Then join us at IBM where the best in the industry are passionate about the design of excellent experiences, enabling designers to further develop their skills, experience, and craft, and supporting IBM teams in delivering market-leading, human-centered products and services.
Design researcher uncover insights, inform design decisions, and forge new opportunities to improve business outcomes through the rigorous study of people and the ecosystems in which they exist. They continuously build team understanding and empathy through empirical observation, experience, and making.
Eligibility Requirements :
Please note candidates applying must be registered students in an undergraduate or graduate program in order to be eligible for the internship.
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
CA - San Jose
and TX - Austin
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Identifying and communicating high priority questions and opportunities for research to lead team towards strategic opportunities and tactical improvements
* Identifying and communicating appropriate research methodology to address research opportunity
* Supporting recruiting of appropriate participants for research plans and goals
* Conducting research methods and activities to capture qualitative and quantitative data
* Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights
* Delivering compelling stories to communicate actionable insights for team and stakeholders
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Foundational understanding of UX design
* Experience with conducting primary and secondary research
* Excellent collaboration skills with a persistent curiosity
* Experience with research tools (e.g., UserZoom, survey tooling, Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, etc.)
* Degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Economics, or related field
* Part of IBM's mission is to help those without advanced degrees achieve employment in the IT industry. While a high school diploma is a minimum requirement for employment at our company, equivalent experience will substitute for formal education. Please visit our 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report for more information on this important initiative:
Learn more about gaining and growing your T-shaped skills with this insightful article from one of our talented designers: