Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insigh...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
START DATES FOR THIS CO-OP ARE IN JANUARY 2021. THE CO-OP WILL RUN 6-12 MONTHS
Design researcher Interns uncover insights, inform design decisions, and forge new opportunities to improve business outcomes through the rigorous study of people and the ecosystems in which they exist. They continuously build team understanding and empathy through empirical observation, experience, and making.
These are office-based positions in IBM locations including:
CA - San Jose
NC - Durham
TX - Austin
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on business demand & will be deleted as filled.
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
- Identifying and communicating high priority questions and opportunities for research to lead team towards strategic opportunities and tactical improvements
- Identifying and communicating appropriate research methodology to address research opportunity
- Supporting recruiting of appropriate participants for research plans and goals
- Conducting research methods and activities to capture qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to generate insights
- Delivering compelling stories to communicate actionable insights for team and stakeholders
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
- Foundational understanding of UX design
- Experience with conducting primary and secondary research
- Excellent collaboration skills with a persistent curiosity
- Experience with research tools (e.g. UserZoom, survey tooling, Usertesting.com, Optimal Workshop, etc.)
- Degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Economics, or related field
**About Business Unit**
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.