Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Design Manager in the creation of products and interfaces that are compelling and easy to use. You will have ownership of shaping the look and feel of our next generation of enterprise software across multiple platforms. You will apply expert design skills to user flows across desktop, web, cloud and mobile interactions. The ideal candidate has solid experience using agile and design practices from concept to implementation of products. You are well-versed in a wide range of concepts from the fields of visual design, information architecture, interaction design, user testing and prototyping. You possess a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices and recognize the symbiosis between visual and interaction design work to create a world-class user experience.
You bring positive energy to the team, and keep the team motivated to deliver exceptional and innovative user experiences. You will nurture and direct the career growth and skill development of your design team.
You have strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills to keep alignment on user objectives and focus on end goals. You value the impact of collaboration and are capable of translating highly complex issues into easy-to-understand design requirements. Standard deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, storyboards, mockups, and information hierarchies come to life as a result of your superior written and verbal communication skills. You are exceptionally organized and guide your team through sprint planning to make and meet commitments.
▪ Lead and Manage a design team collaborating alongside brilliant software engineers in an agile culture
▪ Contribute to the usability and appearance of our applications
▪ Produce and deliver innovative UX/UI experiences and design concepts
▪ Play a key role in the visual design and user flow of new products and features
▪ Work with multi-platform applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Advanced Interaction Design skills and Human-Centered design methods in practice that meet user needs and business goals
* Actively engaged in the UX community and in tune with the latest developments in the industry
* Minimum of 7 years of user experience design for multi-platform web applications
* Minimum of 2 years of user experience in mobile applications
* Minimum of 4 years of experience leading and managing a design team, while collaborating with both engineering and product teams
* Ability to define product requirements based on user and stakeholder research
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
▪ Bachelors or Masters in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline