Empower the Individual Through Crypto Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Our Product team is an internal "think tank" that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, refines and optimizes existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership's technical vision. Made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency, we seek skilled professionals who are ready to stretch themselves to face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world.
The Role: Deputy Head of Product
Our Product Managers combine systematic analysis and detailed roadmapping to assist in the definition and delivery of product initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple business lines and organize and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike as Gemini continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
* Partner with engineering, business leadership, and your team of other product managers to define the product strategy for Gemini's 'crypto-bank' product suite and its interactions across Gemini's product offerings.
* Manage multiple sub-teams of product managers, ensuring best practices are followed and information is appropriately disseminated to empower individual decision making
* Collaborate closely with stakeholder groups to understand business needs, set and manage priorities, and provide regular communications and updates as to progress.
* Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
* 10+ years of experience in product management
* Proven experience driving product and business decisions within a retail financial platform ecosystem
* Proven ability to manage multiple teams of product managers
* Experience in UX design, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
* Ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions through excellent written and verbal skills
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
* Team-oriented, with a demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
* Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
* Experience with exchange, consumer borrowing/lending, credit card, and debit card functionality
* Knowledge of and experience with: Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology, SQL, R, Looker, or equivalent statistical software
* Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
* Flexible vacation policy
* Retirement Plan Matching
* Generous Parental leave
* Comprehensive health plans
* Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.