We're looking for low-level performance analysis and optimization experts who have built core infrastructure software (databases, VMs, web s...
We're looking for low-level performance analysis and optimization experts who have built core infrastructure software (databases, VMs, web servers, operating systems), instrumented them for performance testing, and optimized or re-architected them for improved throughput.
We have three systems that need performance optimization and scalability:
- digital asset creation, marketplace trading, integration with mobile game
- payments, identity, fraud protection, KYC/AML
- distributed systems, networking, latency
Most of our backend systems are in Go, frontends in React. We use vanilla postgres as well as Kafka event-driven architecture.
We believe in an open digital future: one where people own the assets they pay for and have full transparency into the software they're using. We believe users should have the choice to leave apps without leaving the underlying network, and that the users and developers that constitute a network should benefit directly from the value they're helping create. Crypto, or blockchain, is the technology that enables this future. Blockchains are public computers that anyone can access, everyone can trust, and no-one can block or take down. Currencies and collectibles are only scratching the surface of what's possible.
Titles or years of experience don't matter to us - impact, authenticity, and values alignment do. We are now a remote-first team but mostly on PST so time zone alignment helps too :) THIS POSITION IS 100% REMOTE.
About the role:
- Quickly pinpoint performance and bottleneck issues in our database systems, working with backend engineers to optimize for ongoing exponential user growth
- Map out an architectural plan for horizontally scaling our databases to support X traffic volume
- Know the ins and outs of tuning parameters on relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Advise our engineering team on scaling backend systems through your deep understanding of connection pooling, load balancing, sharding, and options for scaling database reads vs writes
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Developed decentralized applications, infrastructure, or interacting with blockchains
- Understand the deployment process, and is comfortable with docker, containers, and kubernetes
- Familiar with event driven architectures, Kafka, and comfortable with eventual consistency
- Have a strong understanding of application and API security
- Have expertise in payments
- provided by Dice