As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, c...
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you help with analyzing information, communicating outcomes, and collaborating on product development. Work with Best-in-Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. You will also help contribute to Open Source. IBM is unmatched in the breadth of our open-source involvement. From quantum and blockchain to containers, AI, and operating systems. We've learned a few things over the past three decades of contributing to open source, and we're passionate about helping other enterprises create, adopt, and scale open source in their own companies.
As a Senior Software Developer, you possess a unique blend of architectural and development acumen and must have the ability to produce innovation.
* Develop content and commit to Open-Source community and IBM product source codes
* Read and comment on more code than you write, fix bugs, test cases, and documentation
* Develop Feature Store and help integrate it to IBM Products
* Gain eminence in the community by socializing your work, and speaking at IBM and open-source developer events
* Identify a data science use case
* Work in code notebooks in Open source and IBM tools
* Build & validate models
* Deploy models via APIs into applications or workflows
* Monitor & retrain models
* Use code repositories to version and share code/notebooks
* Visualize the output of their data story in a way that is consumable by all
* Create Machine Learning pipelines and train models.
* Communicate effectively with line-of-business end-users to discover pain points and use cases, lead project definitions, and convey the business value of the project
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 5 years experience - Computer Science, Programming skills (R, Python)
* At least 5 years experience - Probability and Statistics
* At least 3 years of experience in systems level programming language (e.g., C, C++, or Java)
* Kubernetes and Docker experience
* Experience building and operating large-scale systems and knowledge of operating systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 7 years experience - programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, R, Scala or Java
* At least 5 years experience - Ability to consume and deploy data via APIs
* At least 4 years experience - Machine Learning pipeline - data ingestion, feature engineering, modeling including ensemble methods, predicting, explaining, deploying, and diagnosing over fitting
* At least 2 years experience - deep learning and neural nets