In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that c...
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world… Wyre's APIs make that happen.
Our mission is to empower fintech projects to execute their vision by offering them secure access to the largest financial network in the world (the Wyre Network).
To accomplish this mission, we've built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to-Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, BRD) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow projects to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity, and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We're looking for an amazing Data Scientist that will be working side by side with the Risk and Fraud team. In this role you will lead the development of fraud detection algorithms and systems that protect Wyre and Wyre's Partners from payment fraud. You will work with our fraud experts to understand all the details of what's working well and where we need to fill gaps, and help build an in-house decisioning platform to quickly test, improve, ship, and track models.
Come join the Wyre family.
- Act as an embedded partner to the Risk team, helping them to identify and answer questions with data and modeling
- Partner with Risk Operations to quickly respond to rapidly evolving threats
- Create analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
- Leverage both new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our risk infrastructure
- Build statistical and/or machine learning models to understand the riskiness of our customers
- Design, analyze, and interpret experiments
- Build and improve data ETL pipeline to collect new data and refine the existing data sources
- Does not require sponsorship
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency space
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems and drive impact
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Operations Research, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimentation
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results
- The ability to communicate results clearly
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employee
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup