The Anti-Money Laundering & Sanctions Analytics team within Fidelity's Enterprise Compliance group is responsible for the ...
The Anti-Money Laundering & Sanctions Analytics team within Fidelity's Enterprise Compliance group is responsible for the design, development and optimization of the firms AML detection and sanctions models. We partner with colleagues across Fidelity Enterprise Risk Management ('FERM') to build software and data solutions that support Fidelity's Financial Crimes Compliance programs.
We're seeking a talented data scientist to assist with the ongoing transformation of the firm's Financial Crimes Compliance program. If you're passionate about data science, technology and working with data to help fight financial crime this is an excellent opportunity for you!
Our team has broad responsibility for Fidelity Investments transaction monitoring and sanctions systems across multiple business units. Coverage areas include: Insider Trading, Terrorist Financing, International Money Movement, Global Sanctions & Anti-Corruption, Elder Financial Exploitation, Negative Media screening, Cryptocurrency Trading/TOA monitoring, Market Manipulation, Securities Fraud, Low-Priced Securities, etc. Our team leverages machine learning principles and emerging technologies while constantly striving to improve Fidelity's surveillance and screening capabilities.
The Purpose of Your Role
As a Data Scientist, you will focus on researching, developing, and delivering next generation surveillance solutions on a wide range of AML typologies. These include but are not limited to, cryptocurrency trading, cryptocurrency receipt/delivery, market manipulation (equities, options, cryptocurrencies), securities fraud, insider trading, elder financial exploitation, anti-money laundering and terrorist financing.
The Responsibilities of this role
- Develop or assist in research and development of models that identify suspicious transactions and customers
- Work on multiple long/medium-term data science projects concurrently under moderate direction
- Participate in code reviews to enable learning, collaboration and mentoring of other team members
- Make presentations to update team on project progress, research and new findings
- Collaborate with members of the team as well as external teams on the planning, research, design, development and productizing of data science solutions
- Research new machine learning/data science techniques and technologies to improve team knowledge and enhance solutions
- Document research findings and project progress
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computational Statistics or related field and several years of related experience or a master's degree in a related field
- Strong software engineering skills including 2+ years' experience programming in Python and strong command of SQL
- Experience carrying out various aspects of a data science project including exploratory analysis, data cleaning, preparation and annotation, ML pipeline design and development, model evaluation
- Experience with NLP libraries such as Stanford NER, Spacy, NLTK, etc
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Spark
- Experience with libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas, tensorflow, keras, pytorch, etc
- Experience working with machine learning algorithms such as decision trees, isolation forests, autoencoders/neural networks, linear/logistic regression, clustering, etc
- Experience with general software tools/frameworks such as git and pytest
- Experience with the following areas: dimensionality reduction, anomaly detection, statistical analysis, exploratory data analysis, text wrangling, big data manipulation, language modeling, word embeddings
The Skills You Bring
- A balance of research/data science skills combined with solid software engineering design principles, efficiency considerations, and adherence to best practices (Git, documentation, test automation)
- Excellent communication skills
- Curiosity about latest advances in machine learning/data science and their applications to the team's work
- Innovative and analytical thinker
The Value You Deliver
- Be on the forefront of implementing emerging technologies into Fidelity's Anti-Money Laundering & Screening programs
- Positioning the AML & Sanctions Analytics team to continue to protect Fidelity's and its clients
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by calling , prompt 2, option 2.