A startup in the blockchain space just raised a $4M seed round and is seeking a full-time data scientist (ASAP). Their mission is to further...
A startup in the blockchain space just raised a $4M seed round and is seeking a full-time data scientist (ASAP). Their mission is to further the adoption of blockchain technology by improving readability of the underlying data and protecting the integrity of blockchain networks. At this startup, data is at the heart of everything. They're looking for a data scientist who can help derive meaningful insights from blockchain data. Your work will have immediate impact and will matter on a global scale.
"Data science is in our DNA. Our team of scientists and technologists look beyond blockchain data, in and of itself, to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to protect its integrity.
You will find people from different backgrounds who will challenge your ideas, exchange insights, and collaborate with you. You'll be doing work in a cutting-edge tech industry that matters on a global scale.
Data Scientist: Role Description.
You will be in a unique position to understand the blockchain activity better than anyone else. You will develop and implement algorithms to analyze blockchain data with the aim of producing actionable insights. You are a passionate person, used to working independently, and deep dive into data in order to improve business outcomes.
- Use a rigorous scientific method to develop sophisticated algorithms and shape customers' insights into the blockchain activity
- Create and test complex ideas to validate your hypothesis
- Provide thought leadership throughout the complete cycle of gathering, checking, cleaning and using our data
- Establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of internal teams
- Share insights focused on statistics, machine learning, and data science
- Understand the different entities, actors and behaviors on blockchain
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, like statistics, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science (all levels welcome, from bachelor's to doctorate)
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Advanced skills in at least one programming language (Python, Java,R, SQL, Matlab)
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data, technology and entrepreneurship
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
- Experience with blockchain related technologies
- Results oriented
- Problem solving
- Go getter
- Ability to understand different interactions and relationships happening in blockchain
- Investigative background
If you'd like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting start-ups in the Blockchain space, this position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
Location: New York, Manhattan."