Empower the Individual Through Crypto Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Data
Data is central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. As a result, the analysts, scientists, and engineers that make up the Data team are uniquely positioned to advise and influence cross-functional projects. These projects cover a wide-range of topics including product strategy, user acquisition and journey, cryptocurrency performance and project development, and crypto's position as a technology, industry, and asset class within the context of the global financial markets at large.
The Role: Data Science Leader
As the leader of the data science function, you'll steer Gemini's data science strategy and lead its execution. You will build and lead a high-performance data science team to solve diverse and complex business problems. You will leverage your experience and communication skills to work across business teams to build and develop innovative data science models and algorithms. You will inspire and mentor a strong team through your leadership and strong hands-on capability to transform decision-making and build solutions for different business groups at Gemini. Communicating your insights and driving new product development across the organization is paramount to success. You will also be looked upon to share Gemini's data vision and products externally.
* Lead a team responsible for building, scaling and deploying statistical and machine learning models
* Establish a vision and roadmap for data science function to strategically change the economics of our business
* Coach and mentor capable data scientists and continuously drive them to achieve higher level of excellence
* Be able to distill complex models and analysis into compelling insights for our stakeholders and executives
* Be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that are backed by robust analysis, models and insights
* Be a hands-on leader and contribute in building and productionizing data science models and algorithms for business analytics and consumer facing applications
* Lead applied research and build state-of-art data science solutions for complex customer centric business problems
* Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
* Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and financial domain
* Partner with cross-functional teams and translate business problems into technical requirements
* Masters or PhD(preferred) in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or related fields.
* 10+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
* 7+ years of work experience using statistical and data mining techniques
* 5+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in production
* 3+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
* Skilled in programming languages like Python, R and SQL
* Sound knowledge in dealing with large data sets for analytical approach and quantitative methods
* Ability to influence stakeholders and converse at the executive level
* Ability to formulate data into actionable insights and business decisions
* Solid understanding of cloud computing and infrastructure concepts
* Good understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows
* Experience with one or more big data tools and technologies like Databricks, SageMaker, Hadoop, Spark, Presto
* Strong technical and business communication
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
* Flexible vacation policy
* Retirement Plan Matching
* Generous Parental leave
* Comprehensive health plans
* Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.