What You'll Do
You are a business visionary with a solid understanding of how real-world data and insights can be applied to solve business...
What You'll Do
You are a business visionary with a solid understanding of how real-world data and insights can be applied to solve business problems. You are an experienced leader of high-tech teams. Experience with big data systems, data visualization technologies, an understanding of machine learning and traditional algorithms, and can communicate data analytics and insights to non-technical audiences. Have a passion for helping a team of data professionals grow a prolific career at Cisco. Communication and social aspects of leading a highly active team of technologists comes natural to you. Enjoy creating a rich network of contacts within technical and business leaders inside and outside your team to help your team increase its impact. Your high emotional IQ combined with technical and business acumen enable you to lead data scientists in an upward trend in their career.
You think end-to-end, from data all the way to our customers, partners, and sellers, keeping all middle-layer systems in perspective. Can lead a network of stakeholders within diverse teams including data scientists, engineers, product managers, and executives and deliver high-quality analytic insights with the ability to derive actions that can be integrated into different workflows. Above all, you are a creative and avid problem-solver prepared to use both classical and novel techniques to lead a high performing team.
Who you'll work with
You will work multi-functional with the Customer Experience, Sales, Marketing, and IT organizations, playing a leadership role in transforming Cisco by developing and implementing analytic models and intelligent automation to drive us toward a data-driven digital organization.
Digital Lifecycle Journey's (DLJ) digital expertise makes us uniquely qualified to address the evolving expectations of today's connected customers and partners, along with Cisco sellers. Using real-time connected data, machine learning, and automation; the team enables Cisco sellers and partners to deliver a powerful, personalized experience-throughout the entire customer lifecycle. DLJ is focused on providing customers with an immersive digital experience with Cisco. This in turn drives improvements in recurring revenue, cost savings and sales effectiveness for Cisco and its partners.
Who You Are
We are seeking high-energy and qualified candidates who possess the following skills and experience:
- Lead a highly talented and deeply technical team of data professionals to grow professionally in their careers and are enabled to realize their potential
- Partner with other peer people-managers to create a pleasant and friendly work environment within the larger team
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Data Science lead to build and support an elite team of data science
- Identify impact opportunity areas for the team through visible activities combined with business insight and professional networking
- Help Product Managers identify valuable opportunities through personal relationships and business acumen
- Partner with Data Custodian/Stewards and other data management roles to ensure proper data operations that improve quality, accessibility and value of consumed data
- Oversee the assessment of the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data science models jointly with the technical leads
We Are Cisco
- Minimum: 3 years in a management position leading data science-related teams
- Minimum: Bachelor's in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or related field
- Preferred: Master's/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, MBA, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience working with large datasets, ETL processing and Machine learning pipelines
- Experience in Python/R and Data Warehousing is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in SQL/NoSQL preferred
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Webex Teams, AWS/Azure/Cloud experience preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice