In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that c...
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world… Wyre's APIs make that happen.
Our mission is to empower fintech projects to execute their vision by offering them secure access to the largest financial network in the world (the Wyre Network).
To accomplish this mission, we've built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to-Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, BRD) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow projects to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity, and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We're looking for an exceptional Data Engineer to join our BI & Analytics team. This role will focus on making data accessible to the entire company for enhanced data-driven decision-making. We're looking for a team-centered self-starter who is excited about Cloud and Blockchain technologies and wants to work in a fast-paced environment.
Come join the Wyre family.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Perform analysis, conceptualize, design, implement and develop solutions for critical BI components from the ground up
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively lead and influence interactions with both business and technical teams
- Perform data-flow, system, and data analysis to develop meaningful presentations of data in BI applications
- Plan and implement standards, define/code
- Collaborate closely with internal and external teams to understand and apply changes/modifications impacting data warehouse
- Monitor ETL processes, system audits, and performance. Proactively resolve issues as found
- Support the performance of BI systems
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for new functionality requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from an accredited institution
- Mastery in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies
- 5+ years of developing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions Data Warehouse, data modeling, ETL, and reporting
- Experience with Cloud-based data-warehouse system Snowflake, Redshift, Azure SQL Data warehouse is a huge plus
- Experience with ETL tools like Xplenty/AWS Glue/Talend/Nifi
- Advanced SQL writing and experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.)
- Skills in Shell Programming and any Object Oriented Programming language
- Should be able to write custom ETL programming from complex data processing and transformations using any programming language, such as PL/Sql, Python, Java, etc
- Fast-learner and ability to pivot priorities quickly
- Close attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate across teams and departments
- Creative problem solver
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employee
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup