Our client, one of the largest credit unions, has an opening for a Cloud Solution Architect to join their team. If you re interested, please...
Our client, one of the largest credit unions, has an opening for a Cloud Solution Architect to join their team. If you re interested, please send an updated resume! Title: Data and Cloud Solutions Architect Location: Pleasanton, CA Duration: 6 months contract with potential extensions The Opportunity
The Data and Could Solution Architect position will be responsible for creating end-to-end enterprise Cloud and Data technology strategy, road map and deep technical and functional understanding of applications and data structures related to banking and financial services. The candidate will engage in critical business and technical initiatives ensuring solutions are assessed, developed and deployed that address the need of the business, architected for fit and scalability, as well aligned with best practices and standards. The candidate must also have the right mixture of business, application, data, integration, infrastructure, and security architecture, with vision to migration to Cloud and ability to balance package-based solutions integrated into the industry standard architecture vs. developing custom solutions. The ideal candidate, as part of the Enterprise and Solution Architecture team, must have strong planning, assessment and execution skills. Strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork is required, as this individual will be in a strategic position to influence and lead change across the organization.
- Provide technology architectural leadership for major technologies and business initiatives across Patelco with focus to Cloud infrastructure and Data Strategy.
- Define, oversee and coordinate design and development of enterprise systems and architecture initiatives, including closely working with vendor software consultants and contractors focused on delivery of an integrated solution.
- Understand and articulate business requirements, develop high-level solutions architecture, timelines and costs for implementation.
- Produce shared models, diagrams, and documents, including business requirements, use cases, or process models, architectural overviews, high-and low-level technical designs, and interface specifications to effectively rationalize options of business solution and its relationship to the application, data and infrastructure architecture.
- Define optimal architecture strategy for migration to the cloud infrastructure.
- Expert on existing as-is data architecture including knowledge of key data architecture artifacts for the enterprise including documenting relevant data models, governance structures, data flow diagrams, applications and data matrices.
- Leads the design of the future state data architecture including identification of gaps and issues with current state architecture which influences current project activities to address these gaps.
- Provide expert level analysis of competing and complimenting industry market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture and course correction for future proof solution.
- Promote Architecture Development processes, strategies and recommendations to business and technology leaders and business content consumers (repeat, reuse, enhance).
- Participate in enterprise architecture governance (Technology Steering Committee), and compliance processes to ensure all areas of technology are implementing solutions consistent with the target architecture.
- 10+ years of career progression in at least two or more Enterprise Architecture domains or sub-domains (such as business architecture, data/databases, application development, middleware, SOA, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Cloud, Security, information analysis or infrastructure operations) in a multi-tier environment.
- Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with creating, managing and deploying enterprise architecture practices across a wide range of systems, data, application architectures including one or more solution frameworks and technologies from different vendors.
- Proven knowledge to maintain reference architecture artifacts, frameworks and patterns as reference standards for the content development, engineering, and deployment teams across enterprise.
- Broad and extensive technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarly with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions.
- Experience with techniques including systems flows, data/business object modeling, use case and user interface prototyping.
- Experience with multiple vendor product integration, interoperability with diverse enterprise technologies and processing environments.
- Experience with solution architectures encompassing infrastructure monitoring and security, network and security operations, enterprise application performance monitoring, transactional processing, large scale data streaming capture and business analytics.
- Experience with multi-vendor cloud and data engineering technologies and emerging trends; ex, containers and orchestration, high scale data stream pipelines, distributed systems (ex. Blockchain, Kubernetes, Container Services), microservices architecture, multi-vendor hybrid cloud, SecDevOps, machine learning, AI and other connected device data integration
- Experience with Cloud, industry specific and data privacy and protection regulatory compliance requirements (GDPR, CCPA, PCI, FFIEC etc.,)
- Experience with architecting, deploying and integrating enterprise data with cloud-based data lake and other Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark data streaming services.
- Previous experience with information visualization of KPI's, Metrics, creating contents, reports, dashboards for board level executive presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of agile software delivery models (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, etc.)
- Certification towards Enterprise Architecture Framework (TOGAF, SAFe Architect) is preferred.
- provided by Dice