As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, c...
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Preferred Locations include: Austin, TX; Dallas, TX; Research Triangle Park, NC; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA
The Hybrid Cloud Build Team in the IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software division is a team of elite technology consultants that guides Build Partners - Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Global System Integrator (GSI) partners through the cloud transformation that is right for them based on industry trends and emerging
technologies based on Red Hat Open Shift, Cloud Paks, and IBM Cloud. The outcome of this transformation enables Build Partners to realize an unparalleled IBM experience and increased market opportunity. The Hybrid Cloud Build Team guides ISV and GSI partners through strategic, technical, and operational considerations, and test these motions through an MVP and then continue the journey through build-out of Hybrid Cloud environments. This team has become trusted advisors for ISV and GSI partners as they integrate their products, services and offerings to IBM Hybrid Cloud. The Build Team also interfaces with marketing, expert services, development, other IBM/GSI delivery organizations and business development leaders to ensure successful business outcomes.
IBM Cloud is an enterprise-grade environment based on leading open source technologies in Hybrid Cloud (Kubernetes), Serverless (Knative), Data (Spark) and AI (AIF360, TensorFlow). IBM Cloud offers a full-stack hybrid multicloud platform that spans public, private, and traditional environments with over 170 products and services covering Data, Serverless, Containers, Red Hat OpenShift, AI, IoT and Blockchain.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As an Hybrid Cloud Build Team Data and AI Architect, you will support the creation of cloud applications that work smarter and more effectively by infusing artificial intelligence and data science workflows to extract business insights from data. These insights will drive increased value - for many of the biggest and most complex ISV and GSI partner applications. You will work with a team of engineers with expertise in industry-leading Cloud platforms and technologies to implement these transformations.
To succeed, you will become a trusted collaborator with ISV and GSI partner developers and data scientists as they move their technologies and offerings to IBM Cloud. You will have an opportunity to consult and provide guidance to ISV and GSI partners as they integrate their products, services and offerings to IBM Cloud.
This role will interface with marketing, expert services, development, other IBM/GSI delivery organizations and business development leaders to ensure successful outcomes. Candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly evolving agile work environment.
This is an opportunity for you to help IBM and external partners succeed in growing cloud presence.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Overall, 8-10 years' experience in the area of software development or deployment
* Min 2 years' experience with Data science or data engineering projects
* Expertise with development in a data science programming language like Python or R
* Understanding of data science open source technologies including Python, Jupyter notebooks, TensorFlow and Spark
* Experience running and statistically evaluating models used in Machine Learning, Optimization, Neural Networks
* Must have one or more of the following customer-facing roles in work history:
* Professional/lab services, technical sales, support, ISV, or business partner focal
* Successful completion of a delivered customer project as a developer or data specialist
* Comfortable interacting with ISV and/or external customer
* You should be familiar with IBM Cloud and Red Hat OpenShift platforms or other public cloud platforms.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Expertise with Jupyter notebooks
* Experience with deep learning models using Keras
* Deep Understanding of Statistical Machine Learning Models with Python or R
* Experience with Watson Studio and IBM AI API
* Experience with AI Fairness 360 toolkit and/or Watson OpenScale
* Experience with IBM Cloud Pak for Data
* Understanding of IBM Garage method
* Experience as a client or ISV developer advocate
* Experience in Data and AI offerings on Public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google etc.)
* Experience with Databases and Data engineering