As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and ...
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
We are looking for talented professionals to join Marsh's newly created Digital, Data, and Analytics (DD&A) team. Equipped with the latest digital tools and a growing roster of leading experts, the DD&A team is the digital innovation hub at Marsh responsible for creating next gen insurance products powered by emerging technologies. Recent product launches include the Bluestream digital broker platform and the first proof of insurance blockchain solution.
--The Data Analytics & Product Development Specialist will support client integrations within the Small Commercial and Consumer segment of DD&A. This role will be fundamental in creating key insights and analytics for clients on the Bluestream platform and will play a critical part in influencing the innovation, strategy and design of other InsurTech products.
Data Analytics (~70%):
- Interface directly with Marsh brokerage teams, insurance carriers and key clients to collect and validate insurance policy and claims data, analyze large datasets, develop insurance KPI reports, and visualize KPI data
- Liaise with DD&A teams and business owners within the organization to confirm inputs and interpretation of data
- Provide input to the digital team's developers/Scrum team, drawing on data analysis to inform calculations and reporting criteria for the development of client dashboards
- Convert analytical outputs into a structured communication format so that business requirements can be easily interpreted by key stakeholders
Product Development (~30%):
- Work within an agile Scrum framework to:
- ensure a strong customer-centric focus
- develop the product backlog through epics, user stories, spikes, etc.
- define acceptance criteria and verify when they are met
- refine and re-prioritize the product backlog with the delivery teams
- drive sprint and delivery of product features and functionality through collaboration with the Scrum Master and Scrum team
- join Scrum meetings and Sprint Reviews, actively participate in Sprint Retrospective meetings
- Deliver end to end solutions using innovative approaches for complex problems
- Partner with Legal, Compliance, Data Privacy, Finance, Sales, and Marketing teams to execute and ensure alignment on strategic initiatives
- Become an expert in the latest Insurance and InsurTech trends, innovation, (digital) client needs, and competitive landscape
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience, preferably with a background in the insurance industry (incl. underwriting, brokerage, P&C &/or personal lines); data & analytics (incl. database &/or dashboard development); strategy consulting; &/or product management
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, business technology, finance, economics, accounting or another related discipline
- Prior experience structuring and standardizing [insurance] data to produce KPI reports and analytics/insights for various levels of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrated analytical skills and proven experience in applying a systematic and disciplined approach to extracting key insights from large datasets
- Proven ability to understand and translate customer requirements/needs when making decisions
- Proven ability to conduct industry/market research, structure ambiguity and extract key insights
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers