Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Trust & Safety, Data Intelligence
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Trust & Safety Team at Gemini is dedicated to protecting our customers and ensuring the integrity of Gemini's digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals developing novel tools and processes to better solve emerging threats.
The Role: Senior Data Analyst
As a member of the Data Intelligence team you will analyze large volumes of data in order to extract insights to support the development of controls and systems to protect our customers from sophisticated threats. Our team is growing quickly and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in helping build and set the direction of the team.
- Analyze financial, operational and platform activity data to develop signals that are correlated with fraudulent activity
- Build and tune machine learning prototypes to proactively fight various fraud vectors to protect our customers
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and deep dives on observed anomalous events and identify root causes and security gaps
- Produce metrics to track the performance of the team and execute data-driven operational improvements
- Process Maintenance & Improvement
- Extrapolate lessons learned from fraud investigations & suggest new data sources that would help in fraud detection
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with Customer Support and Security Operations to improve processes to prevent and respond to fraud
- Project Management
- Take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 1-3 years experience with data analysis & exploration
- 1+ years experience with at least 3 of the following
- relational databases, ability to code fluently in SQL
- data analytics tools (Python pandas, R, or similar)
- predictive analytics and machine learning libraries (sklearn, pytorch, keras, tensorflow or similar)
- data visualisation tools or platforms (seaborn, Looker, Tableau or similar)
- Great verbal and written communication skills
It Pays to Work Here
- 2+ years of experience on a Risk, Trust and Safety or Fraud function
- Experience with modeling customer credit and fraud risk, transaction risk
- Experience with creating, tuning, deploying and maintaining machine learning models
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development