Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is located in the IBM office in New York City. There will be a limited remote work option post covid. We are co-located in the office, but maintain a responsible consideration of health and safety practices - which includes ongoing support for an in-office/remote office balance during these unusual times.
There are no relocation funds for this role so you would need to relocate at your own expense.
* IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
The Designer Professional is empathic to and is a champion for the people who use our products and services. They create delightful experiences through crafting the emotional design through the influence of visceral impact, behavioral influence and reflective consequence.
Designers are responsible for the purpose, planning, or intention that exists behind an action, fact, or material object. Design must reflect the practical and aesthetic in business but above all... good design must primarily serve people.
Designers translate requirements into hypothesis, then explore that with users through research methods and facilitation, to uncover emotional connections with products and services and understand unmet needs. They may work in cross disciplinary teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 3+ years experience with Carbon Design System or other design system
* 2+ years designing compelling reports
* 1+ years working with global teams in multiple time zones
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with Enterprise Design Thinking
* Experience with agile development
* Experience design Cognos Reports
* Ability to articulate the value of good design
* Degree in Digital Design or closely-related field