Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of mo...
Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.8 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility ("CLEARR") guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
Grant Thornton's Cyber Risk Advisory Services Practice
With the rise in cyber breaches across industries, companies are aggressively looking for consultants to help them protect their critical assets and proactively prepare and respond to cyber breaches. The threat actors have shifted from simple, nuisance based cyber hacks to criminals, activists, ransom hacks and nation states.
Our Cyber Risk Advisory practice offers an opportunity for you to leverage your technology background and experience to broaden your business and project management skills in a rewarding and challenging environment. Individuals will work on projects across our portfolio of Cyber Risk services and will assist in the development of cyber risk strategies, identity and access management programs, network security, cyber security analytics, ethical hacking, cloud security, privacy & data protection, blockchain, etc.
What are we looking for in a BRS Cyber Intern?
Interested candidates should have analytical skills, be strong "thinkers", with an affinity for learning and innovation. Interested candidates should be self-starters and should demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton's core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect, and Responsibility.
* B.S. in Engineering within computer science, electronics, electrical, mechanical, or information systems
* B.S. program in Data analytics, Informatics, Management with Cybersecurity (minor)
* B.S. program with a specialization in Technology - "Hands on technology experience"
* B.S. program in Data Analytics with specialization in Blockchain, Cyber Security, RPA, Crypto
* B.S. in Information Security
* Major and overall GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
* Ability to travel 60%-100% as required
* Strong business and technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
* Likes to learn the business of our clients to help them solve problems
* Ability to bridge the gap between business strategy and cybersecurity, technology to help deliver sustainable solutions to our clients
* Excellent thinking, analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
* Effective time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
* Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment
Interns can expect to work closely with the Cyber Risk team on all phases of the engagement lifecycle including planning, engagement management, and project wrap up. Some of the typical projects are:
* Ethical Hacking
* Cyber threat monitoring
* Cloud Security
* Identity and Access Management
* Privacy and Data Protection
* Cyber Incident Management
* Cyber War Gaming
* Cyber Strategy and program design
* Cyber Security within blockchain, RPA's, IoT
* Secure code design
* Business Strategy and Cyber strategy alignment
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual's job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.