What You'll Do
In this role you'll be responsible for portfolio simplification and transformation leading to a set of offers that map to th...
What You'll Do
In this role you'll be responsible for portfolio simplification and transformation leading to a set of offers that map to the CX Racetrack Lifecycle, growing recurring revenue, and improving adoption and renewals. You'll manage assigned services portfolio, continuously working to validate and improve the defined services and pricing strategy, and finding critical "white space" to differentiate Cisco in the market and maintain the portfolio roadmap, such that CX metrics are attained (bookings, revenue, margin, ARR, etc.).
Other Responsibilities Include:
Who You'll Work With
- Drive effective interlock with the BE Product Management, early in product development lifecycles, to ensure the roadmap is understood and field feedback is taken into account
- Actively support interlock and adoption motions for key customers
- Define core "strategic partner" relationships for co-development opportunities
- Investigate and understand customer and competitive trends, challenges and needs, and transform into a bold service portfolio that delivers genuine business outcomes, value and differentiation to our customers; ability to predict market and customer trends
- Ensure regional nuances and compliance requirements and ensure they are appropriately incorporated into the portfolio
- Maintain a detailed understanding of competitive landscape including new players, acquisition activities, new product and services launches, etc.; ensures this knowledge is packaged for consumption by delivery leadership and any recommended portfolio adjustments are clearly outlined
- Liaise with marketing and PR, ensuring a complete set of collateral is in place and of high quality for core offers
- Ensure effective interlock with regional and delivery management, and CX Operations, supporting methodology development, training, and all activities required to drive revenue
- Collaborate with sales management, Business Development Managers (BDMs), and field enablement, actively participating in go to market development, collateral, SKU strategy and CSDM process, sales training, and all activities required to drive bookings
- Define innovation initiatives, to support overall portfolio management, including defining the minimum viable services package required for market trials
- Review and adjust profitability targets of the services portfolio within assigned markets
- Regularly meet with clients, including those to whom Cisco is delivering newly defined services, to ensure market perceptions are well understood
The CX Product Management teams will craft the definition of the components and timing for the roadmap of the architecture-specific offer portfolio, ensuring tight alignment with Cisco's product portfolio and roadmap. Effective interlock with appropriate BE(s), New Product leadership, and delivery and sales management are critical to success, as are deep insight into customer trends, challenges and needs. You will work with the other SPMs, and the cross-technology strategy team, to ensure cross-technology synergies are defined and communicated in a clear and simple manner. You will also work with the Customer Success & Business Development Alignment function, regional delivery management, and Partner teams to support the partner strategy for all core offerings in the portfolio, and track success over time, adjusting as required.Who You Are
You can demonstrate an executive presence and bring a strong mix of product management and customer experience specific acumen coupled with strategic vision and precise execution. You will be the champion and advocate for the portfolio with sales, the field generally, and customers. You are detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable to a changing environment. You have strong analytical abilities and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and campaign strategy. You have the ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a fast-paced matrixed organization.Minimum Qualifications
- You've achieved a Bachelor's degree, Masters' degree strongly preferred
- Have 10+ years of progressive experience in Product Management in marketing, product management, strategy or consulting role
- You have dynamic experience in portfolio management or product management
- A solid understanding of the Data Center and IT Transformation space, customer needs, Cisco and competitor technologies, and industry trends
- Fundamental knowledge of the Cisco portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of function
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker with strong business sense
- Ability to lead, craft and work within cross-functional team environments
- Ability to develop and enable a high performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations
- Ability to identify, prioritize and deliver measurable results using frameworks and sound business practices, understanding cross-functional dependencies
- Strong business and technical writing skills, coupled with strong presentation skills
- Well-developed teamwork, collaboration and project management skills
- Change agent with high degree of passion and positive attitude
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
#LI-SB4 - provided by Dice