Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is conver...
Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
Seeking a Project Manager with unfulfilled Financial Management/Accounting desires! Do you dabble in Excel spreadsheets "for fun"? Do you have a financial investment plan for your second-grader's allowance? Is April 15 your most favorite time of year? If so, have we got the job for you.
As a Project Manager in the CX Customer Assurance (CA) organization, you will collaborate with CA Leaders and cross-functional partners to drive business decisions to meet budget commitments and/or business priorities. You will partner with the CA Finance Lead to manage the COGS budget through active engagement with Finance, Customer Assurance, & Warranty partners. You will influence business decisions by transforming transactional financial data into meaningful and actionable insights. You will contribute to budget rigor & resource optimization to meet our headcount, budget, and Connected Recognition targets. You will need to be proactive to anticipate and communicate/act on early trends to ensure positive and predictable results and enable the financial means for rest of CA to focus on our end customers. You will also partner with CA leaders in a project management capacity when high priority needs dictate PM support. You embrace the guiding principles of highly empowered leaders who do what's right for Cisco and what's right for our customers.
Who You'll Work With
Members of CA mobilize the company to respond to situations that put our customers at risk and pursue high-stakes opportunities in order to transparently drive Cisco critical outcomes - margin, revenue, market share, and loyalty - and based on what is best for the customer.
Who You Are
- Responsible for tracking and optimizing spend for assigned CA functions by: developing a yearly plan, accurate execution of commit/recommit cycles, crafting insights and reports, and providing operational support.
- Ensure timely financial reporting with high degree of quality and rigor: Pull, prepare and send reports/update leaders (director level) on a regular, defined basis.
- Partner on a wide range of activities to improve budget and workforce operational efficiency, maintaining excellent budget health.
- Open Purchase Requisitions, C-Worker transactions, and cross charges - manage from creation to closure.
- Grow and utilize your finance & operations background in accrual rates, warranty activity tracking, budgeting and forecasting.
- Able to work closely with Corporate Finance and CA's functional leadership teams.
- You will align with CA Finance Lead to handle budget, business metrics, change management (financial org change impact on budgets), and reporting management
- Your business metrics include proactive actions to enable supported teams budgets to stay within +/- 1% financial targets.
- You are agile and can easily take on a project management role, when needed, without being SME.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (preferably CX, Corporate Finance)
- Financial interest/aptitude/experience
- Solid project management skills
- Track record of influencing without authority
- Detail-oriented & self-motivated
- Adept at interacting with executives
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
We Are Cisco
- Awareness of how CX, CAP, Warranty, and finance teams work
- Previous experience managing budgets
- Understanding of financial processes such as accruals, warranty, forecasting, commit/recommit
- Use of financial tools such as Hyperion Essbase, FinABC, SmartBuy, and i-procurement
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice