Cisco is a member of the Veterans Jobs Mission - over 230 companies that have hired over 400,000 Veterans since it began in 2011! Cisco is r...
Cisco is a member of the Veterans Jobs Mission - over 230 companies that have hired over 400,000 Veterans since it began in 2011! Cisco is recruiting veterans. Apply now!
What You'll Do:
As a participant of the Veteran Talent Incubation Prog ram (VTIP), you will attain CCNA-level knowledge through self-study, receive industry training, gain access to hands-on training, and receive men torship from some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your skills.
While participating in the incubation program, you will be assessed for the opportu nity for full-time employment as a Customer Experience Technical Consulting Engineer. Offers for full-time employment take several factors int o consideration: s uccessful completion of the program milestones , communication and engagement throughout the program, feedback from program staff, and fit with Cisco's culture.
The Technical Consulting Engineer role focuses on ensuring our customers are able to fully utilize services by addressing technical issues and preventing costly down time. The role will require candidates to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues in network services
- Create technical documents to build Cisco's intellectual property and technical knowledge base d
- Engage with wide, diverse customer base to help users get the most from their technology
- Reinstate customers' optimal network conditions
Who You'll Work With:
Let's change the world together. Work directly with our customers and gain hands - on experience and exposure into their networks. Be immersed in a small , close-knit group of cohorts to collaborate on a variety of projects that have a real impact. You'll learn from industry professionals. We value your ideas and perspective on how to get things done. Work on network infrastructures. Deliver business solutions and technology solutions from data, security, mobility, and cloud.
Who You Are:
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Military personnel that will be released from their active duty commitment prior to October 25, 2021 preferably from Camp Lejeune, Ft. Bragg, New River, or a Veteran located in the Raleigh, NC area.
- Passionate about customer success and dedicated to delivering the best customer experience in the industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excited about networking, information technology or computer science
- Resilience and ability to resolve complex technical problems
- Innate crisis management skills in order to handle critical customer issues
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Experience providing customer support
- Knowledge of networking technologies
- Communications or Technical Background
- Completion of college-level IT/networking courses/additional technical certs/Network Training
Additional Location(s) or Information:
Program dates are April 12, 2021 - October 1, 2021. Participation will be primarily remote/self-study with occasional on-site (Raleigh, North Carolina) requirements. Successful completion of this program makes you eligible for a full-time offer. If a full-time offer is awarded, you must be able to start a full-time role on October 25, 2021. The role is on-site (not remote) and will be based in Raleigh, NC or Richardson, TX.
We Are Cisco
# WeAreCisco , where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis .
- provided by Dice